1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi to svcd?how?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by danzac, Sep 24, 2001.

1. danzac

danzac Guest

I have an avi movie and want to make an svcd. I know nero has an svcd wizard, but how do I make an avi file to an mpeg2? thanx

2. neoinbiz

neoinbiz Guest

You can rename the .dat file Nero creates to .mpeg. I think. Give it a try

3. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

neoinbiz -- that doesn't help at all. DAT files are the files that are located in ready VideoCD discs. They are _almost_ MPEG-1 files -- basically any player can treat them as MPEG-1, although you should still convert them into real MPEG-1 files with some editor.

danzag -- Piece of cake. Use TMPGEnc. Open the AVI movie, select the template as SVCD (remember to choose the correct video standard; PAL or NTSC; which depends on your original video, not your own TV) and hit encode. Takes helluva long time, but as a result, you should have SVCD compatible MPEG-2 file. That you can then burn to CD with Nero.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2001
  4. Tweety

Tweety Member

Renaming the dat file doesnt help at all, if u have a DAT file use VCD GEAR 2.0 to transform it into a MPG file. If u have an AVI file you can code it in TMPEG, Virtual Dub, AVI2MPG, and many more codecs (this is for VCD), only Tmepg and Flask work for SVCD... just set the parameters correctly and VOILA!