1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi to svcd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by capncark, Mar 9, 2004.

1. capncark

capncark Member

How do I convert avi to svcd using TMPGEnc. When I try it I don't get any sound on the burned svcd

2. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

you'll have to convert your avi's audio to wav so that tmpge can recognise it properly

3. capncark

capncark Member

If I convert it to wav then does it sync with the video automatically when burned to svcd?

4. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

of course, why would it go out of sink?, its the same audio as the original file, its just been decompressed to wav

just load the wav that youve converted as the audio source in tmpge

cheers m8

5. capncark

capncark Member

what software do I need to extract the audio to wav?

6. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

many programs are able to do this, but the best program ive found so far is avi2vcd(do not, i repeat do not use it to create VCD cause its shit) but it has the best audio decompressor ive found to date, so download avi2vcd and decompressor.exe will come with the package, thats your bitch

http://encoderx.co.uk/info/avi2vcd.html

this program will create a whole new file (video included) with the audio converted to wav, just load the new file into tmpge created with avi2vcd's decompressor and everything should be sweet