1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI TO VOB

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Samelot, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Samelot

Samelot Guest

hi, i recently downloaded a movie (2 disks) and it is in .avi format. When i try to burn to dvd on nero it says i need to have .bup .vob or .ifo . I would like to know the easiest way to get my video and audio in to .vob format. I checked out the doom9 guide on it and it was rediculous. It said i needed like 7 programs to do it, and im not up for that. So im just wondering whats the fastest, easiest, and best way for me to get it into .vob without having to download so many programs. For now im just making it into an mpeg type video with TMPG encoder so i can put it on vcd. But for future refrence im interested in the best way. thx for ur time . bye..

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Does your version of Nero have Nero Vision Express?? That will do the job but it does take some time to convert AVI to dvd format. You can also download DVD Santa which does the same thing.

Jerry

3. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

I'm with Jerry on this. NeroVision Express is the easiest way to do it, if you have the Nero 6 suite.

As for Jerry saying it takes time, any conversion is going to take time, because VOB is an mpeg2 format, and there is just no getting around the time required to transcode.

4. Samelot

Samelot Guest

THX GUYS

5. Samelot

Samelot Guest

hmmm, ya i had a bought version of nero 6, but not the upgrade with "vision express." So i went and got thats and ya, i see some new differences with it, but im not quite sure how i can get it to change from AVI to VOB>?>

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I'm at work so I don't have program on here so this is from memory. Open Nero Vision Express. Pick make a dvd movie. Then click add file and browse to the location where your AVI's are and add them. Then follow through with the rest of the instructions. Hope this gets you started in the right direction. I don't use it much so my memory of the exact process is foggy unless I'm on my home PC and can look at it. Good luck.

Jerry

7. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Jerry's instructions should be enough to get you going.

You don't do anything explicitly to convert AVI to VOB. You just add them to your "project" (you are "making a movie") and NVE will convert from AVI (or MPEG1) during the transcoding process.