1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI to VOB

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Shad, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Shad

Shad Regular member

what program do you suggest to be the best at encoding avi movie files to vob files(mpeg)? i have tried VSOdivxtodvd and its great but for some reason nero doesnt burn the file after and i get an error saying DVD-Video compliance failed. I know many other programs for avi to vob but after searching i still havent come to an answer as to which is the best.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

"VSO DivXtoDVD" should Leave you with a "Video_TS" folder and inside that Folder should be "IFO,BUP and VOB" files...You do not Burn the VOB files to DVD what you do Is Burn the "Video_TS Folder" to DVD in "DVD Video" Mode....

Most Programs that Go Directly from AVI to Video_TS or VOB are Crap were Quality is Concerned...
    If you Truely want the Best Possible Quality and would Like your DVD to Have Menu"s and Chapters Like Retail DVD"s do then you should encode your AVI files to Mpeg-2/DVD Format useing a Good Quality Mpeg-2 encoder Like "Tmpgenc Pluss" or "Tmpgenc Xpress" ...

After you have encoded your AVI file to a DVD Compliant Mpeg-2 file you will need to add your menu"s and Chapters and Format it all to a "Video_TS" Folder which then gets Burned to DVD-R ....

If you want to use a Super Simple DVD Authoring Program then Try "Tmpgenc DVD Author" which has a 30 day Demo available...

If you want a DVD authoring Program that makes Much Nicer menu"s and Just Plain Makes Nicer Looking DVD"s then I suggest you try a Program Called "MediaChance DVDLab Pro" which also has a Fully working 30 day Demo available...

If you want to try useing DVDLab for authoring your Mpeg-2 Files to DVD and need some Instructions then PM me with your E-Mail address and I can send you a Guide on how to use DVDLab Pro to add Chapters to your Movie and Make a Basic Menu and author the Movie to DVD....

Cheers