1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI too DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by evo5zigen, May 12, 2004.

1. evo5zigen

evo5zigen Guest

is there any way i can make a DVD using AVI files...TMPGEnc only does Mpegs....i need a prog that works just like TMPGEnc that will support AVI. i havent tried DVDLAB yet i heard it was good but does it support AVi?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

3. evo5zigen

evo5zigen Guest

there has to be a easier way to do this man lol...that way to complicated for me ^_^' think theres a prog that will just do it for me justlike tmpgenc kept that its AVI

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi and Welcome to the Club,

You didn't mention that you just wanted to copy it.
    We thought you might want to play it - If you decide you want to play it an alternate method is AVI to MPEG2 DVD compliant THEN TMPGEnc DVD Author to go from the MPEG to your VOB’s.

You, of course could always search our files yourself

There are many ways to burn your AVI to a DVD if you don't want to play it on a DVD Player. As long as you have your laptop handy just use Nero :)

cheers,

Pete

PS. That man, Nephilim, just answered your question on his own free time - Let's check our attitude before you post or the only thing you'll find easy here is the way to the door -

5. evo5zigen

evo5zigen Guest

i do want to play em on a dvd player, but i dont know how to do it. When i used tmpgenc it says that my file was not supported. i dont know what the porb is since avi is a mpeg2 right?? bleh i need help scuba im getting stressed out over this!!

6. evo5zigen

evo5zigen Guest

i do want to play em on a dvd player, but i dont know how to do it. When i used tmpgenc it says that my file was not supported. i dont know what the porb is since avi is a mpeg2 right?? bleh i need help scuba im getting stressed out over this!! i want to make the DVd look all fancy with a menu and all..but the damn program wont let me open the file...think its cuz its a avi??

7. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

you can use TMPGEnc to do avi's,to get around the unsupported error:go to options/enviromental settings/vfapi plugin/right click on direct show multimedia reader and raise the priority level to 2

to get a menu try dvd author or dvd lab or many others available. I use dvd author trial version available: http://www.pegasys-inc.com/
    dvd author guide:http://www.dvd-guides.com/guides.php?category=dvdauthor&name=tmpegencdvdauthor

good luck
    jim
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

you should never take life too seriously....you'll never get out alive!!
    procrastinate now...dont put it off till tomorrow
    if you can read this..you dont need glasses.[/small]

Last edited: May 13, 2004
  8. evo5zigen

evo5zigen Guest

jim i still have that problem!!! i did wat u said and it stilll does that !! says unsupported!! what do i do!?!? GHahhh soo FRUSTRATING!!! -_-

9. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

see if you can figure out your problem with this thread,if that doesnt work im out of ideas:http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/40101