1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi troubles

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by goku8499, Sep 28, 2003.

1. goku8499

goku8499 Guest

i have tried to convert an avi to .vob and .m2v+.wav. i still get no audio from the outputs of the avi. i was wondering if there is a way to split the audio from the video so that i can convert it to .wav so i can burn it to dvd. if anyone knows of a programm that will do this please post.

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure this even has anything remotely to do with your problem but have you just tried VirtualDub?
    1. Open AVI in VDub
    2. Audio --> Set whatever settings you want
    3. File --> Save WAV

3. goku8499

goku8499 Guest

ok i have vdub but i cant use it with this file because it does not know what audio compression was used.

4. goku8499

goku8499 Guest

ok i have figured out this much. i have this avi file that is really upseting me. it uses AC3 compression on the audio. ac3 (0x2000)to be exact. the video is encoded in Div3 low-motion. virtual dub does not have an AC3 filter in it. how do i decompress this avi's audio into a playable wav so i can burn it to dvd.

5. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

You need a codec or filter to decode the ac3 audio.

AC3Filter is highly recommended.

6. goku8499

goku8499 Guest

yes i know that but does anyone know of a program that decodes the ac3 audio. i have the filters.

7. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Ok, I guess I didn't read your question very well...

Download virtualdubmod and get into the streams menu and select stream list. You should see your audio file there.
    Click Save Wav._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Life is but a dream...so wake me up already!!![/small]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2003