1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI troubles

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by haimback, Mar 1, 2005.

1. haimback

haimback Regular member

Ok im just wanting to combine two AVI files (from the same movie) and then convert them etc which i know how to do, problem is the audio streams have different sampling rates one is 16387.00000 and he other is 17290.00000 so cant merge them???. The files come from a downoaded dvdrip.
    Im thinking convert to mpeg then merg them-would this work?Im greatful for any ideas/solutions.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You should be able to merge and convert those files using virtualDub. It will make them audio rates the same. :)

3. haimback

haimback Regular member

thats what i thought but when i try to open the second file using virtualdub (append AVI segment) it wont load giving the error audio streams not the same.
    I had a look at the guide for merging AVI but it seems to only cover merging when there are no problems which isnt very helpful :(

4. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Ok guys shoot me down in flames, if yer like, but I reckon; downloading two, or more segments of the same AVI movie, are impossible to match, if one goes for fine detail.

The whole system says it can't be done.

I just ignore the finer details, turn the AVI segments into DVD and re-author with DVDshrink.

Now and then there's a bleep,... if you look hard enough.

regards gringle

5. haimback

haimback Regular member

thats sounds like it just might work : )
    when i reauthor and use shrink will the "2 halfs" run smoothly together?

6. Gringle

Gringle Guest

It depends how hard you look for the bleep. ;)

gringle