1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI video lags while sound is normal...

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by sillycybe, Apr 3, 2007.

1. sillycybe

sillycybe Regular member

This started recently with my PC, any downloaded AVI file plays, but the video is slow while the audio is OK. I burnt the same AVI on a CD-R and tried playback on another of my systems, and it played fine. The problem just sems to be on this one computer. I just today reformatted and set it all back up from scratch, including the most recent drivers (Video is ATI Radeon X300 PCIe and Audio is Realtek High Def Audio)checked for firmware updates for both DVD burners and everything is up to date. Installed AnyDVD and Nero Ultra 7 and I still have the same problem. Any Ideas out there? My ystem is a P4 3ghz with 3gb PC2700, 2 LiteOn LH20A1H DVD burners, 2 WD Raptor 74 gb HD's, Win XP Pro. I figured I'd reformat just to be on the safe side of things (being a computer tech and having a smoking fast HD like the raptor doesn't hurt either...I'm used to formatting and redoing things on a regular basis), so...any help or ideas would be greatly apreciated. Thanks.

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. sillycybe

sillycybe Regular member

Thanks, that worked for playback with Windows Media Player, but I still can't view in Nero Showtime or burn DVD with Nero Vision...still has the same problem...so, half fixed, half not fixed...?

4. attar

attar Senior member

Since this is a new install, I wonder if you have the required codecs.
    Does 'GSpot' say that the codecs are present?
    If they are present, press button 1 to start rendering the file.
    You will see messages appear that should indicate the actual codecs that were used for both video and audio.
    An example might be "[XviD MPEG-4 Video Decoder]" or "FFDShow" might be there which would indicate you have downloaded a codec or codec pack recently.
    If the file renders ok, press button 2 and a playback of the file should
    appear.
    Clicking 'System > List Codecs and..' will give a list of the codecs present on the system.
    If you are satisfied that the required codecs are present (the file rendered ok) then I can only suggest trying the experts on the Afterdawn Nero Forum.

[​IMG]