1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI video Problem

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by Monte4, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Monte4

Monte4 Member

I just purchased a new Imac a 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 27 inch. Been using mac for some time but I,m stumped by this problem I downloaded a AVI movie watched it with no problem on my computer with no issues but when I burned it to a DVD it comes up with a black screen and audio.

I burn AVI movies once in a while and have never run across this issue before.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Monte4

2. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

yes it is in a hacker format

What is a hacker format.

a hacker format is not just for illegal movie rips it can be tied to any video often called avi with divx or avi with xvid they require a conversion from avi to dv or even to mpeg 4 before you can send them to a dvd for playback the black screen is because when you converted the video the software you used to convert the video into dvd doesn't support divx or xvid the simple way to fix this is with another program called wondershare video converter it will convert any format video into any other format including dv mpeg4 and vob aka dvd