1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI / VOB burning problem

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Nututhis, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Nututhis

Nututhis Member

Here is my situation: I have about 80 music videos in mpeg format that I want 2 burn 2 dvd. I used Windows Movie Maker (its easier 4 me) to create the playlist & saved the file as a AVI. That file is 4.1gb. I then used WinAvi to create a VOB so I could burn. (I've dont this a million times in this same process & it worked fine, but I was dealing with 500mb-1.5gb files. I think Im having a problem b/c I now have a 4gb file.) The file plays fine with any player that I've used.

Anyway, WinAvi turned my 4.1gb avi into a 6.5gb VOB. Of course I cant burn that 2 a standard dvd so I thought I could use DVD Shrink 2 compress the file. I've never done that b4, but I thought it may be possible. When I tried 2 open the file with Shrink , I get this msg [​IMG]

Is there anything else I can do 2 burn this file??

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Don't use Winavi to encode, or at least see if it can make a proper set of .vob's.
    For DVD Structure, a .vob file can be no more than 1024mb (1 gig).
    If it's larger than that, it's out of spec.

3. Nututhis

Nututhis Member

WinAvi is the only app I've been able 2 successfully convert AVI/Mpegs to vobs. I tried Tmpeg but didnt understand why it ask 4 a video file & audio file when the audio & video is all within the 1 file.