1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi/xvid to dvd the best

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by skutz, Oct 7, 2004.

1. skutz

skutz Guest

hi

i have been in all different forums and checked different guides but still dont really know what is gd or what is the best can some 1 help me with what is the best software i.e (best qualiity and how long it takes) to convert a avi or xvid to dvd

basically i download avi or xvid movies i want to convert them to dvd and burn them to dvd+R disc so i can watch them on a dvd player

i want to know what is the best software to do all of this and want to no how quick it can convert in

i have converted with all different kinds of software and burnt with quite alot 2 but they all ways take forever to convert and then burn and it slows the whole of my computer down and i have a gd spec computer it is jus so annoying.

if sum 1 could help me it would be much appreciated

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

skutz,

If in fact your question is about speed, you'll just have to learn to deal with it -

If it's annoying, do it at night - All proggys will need time AND resources -

Cheers,

Pete

3. john179

john179 Active member

I use winavi which for me takes very little time to convert.As you i feel my pc is to a reasonable spec but as Pete said it will slow down.Try winavi for speed and if you don't like just convert at night while a sleep then it won't bother you one bit.I think myself lucky to be able to convert without problems like many who visit AD.Now on top of the time they put in getting it right they have to see there system slow down like ours.

Now that is what i call patients and dedication to the cause.To me speed is not everything just getting it right is the big bonus and you have obviously got the side sorted.Be happy with what you have got and try not to get to frustrated with the speed thing.Nothing perfect apart from maybe a couple of scubapete's post's and my united crest.

Cheers
    john179

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

(not all that sure about my posts Lol)

You go John Boy, you go -

Cheers,

5. limelight

limelight Regular member

-i feel your pain and ive found the easiest way is to first download a prog called divxrepair, this will fix errors (audio/video sync). takes about 15-20 min to fix movies. that prog is free.

-then i use dvdsanta ($30) to encode, reauthor, and burn. total time with that prog, 3-6 hrs, depending on the length and size of the film.

-so far ive made 5 movies with it flawlessly.
    its an easy method and beats using 4 or more different programs to get the same result.

-try it out, its simple, easy, anyone can do it.

6. skutz

skutz Guest

cheerz you lot limelight especially

7. limelight

limelight Regular member

np. have fun