1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi, xvid to dvd

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by kopex, Sep 3, 2004.

1. kopex

kopex Member

ive downloaded a couple of avi and divx ....ive encoded them through tmpg and tried burning them through nero and roxio.both tell me thati need a dvd 9 disc as the film is to big for a 4.7g.........please help me

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Run the movie through Shrink before burning.

3. kopex

kopex Member

ive tried running it through dvd shrink,but it wont open the file/is it a different shrink

4. andydev

andydev Member

This is what I do.

Convert them using CCE (you can use tmpgenc if you want)
    Use virtual dub to export the wav file.
    Use Ac3Machine to convert them to ac3 (for compatibility)
    Then author them. (if you want it easy, use tmpgenc dvd author or IfoEdit)

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

You have to author your mpeg first. All this means is that you need to use a program that will add the required navigation structure. You will end up with a VIDEO_TS folder with .ifo, .bup and .vob files in it.

andydevs method works just fine, but since you already converted them to mpeg, and you have Nero, just open NeroVision Express 2 and use that. Ignore the warning about the disc size and burn to your hard drive. Once that is done, Shrink will be able to handle the movie.

6. kopex

kopex Member

im looking for avi codec tool???please tell me what this is and where i can find it.im new to this stuff

7. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

8. kopex

kopex Member

thanx to everyone that answered my queries ,ive just done my first one and it works fine,once again THANKS TO ALL THAT ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS

9. kopex

kopex Member

its me again,ive tried joining 2 halfs of a movie but tmpg cant find the second part.can anyone tell me how to join a movie that been converted to mpeg

10. kopex

kopex Member

ive downloaded womble meg 2 vcr??????????i want to join a divx thats in 2 parts,ive encoded them into mpeg,will womble join them so i can burn it to dvd?????and when i open womble it asks me for my PSN number,whats my psn number

11. Braxas

Braxas Member

If you really want it easy use NeroVision Express 2. People seem to be ignoring this very well rounded program and its capabilities for some reason. There is an option in the program after you add files on the left hand side to let you merge them together into a new file. Neat, huh?

The biggest thing I like about Nerovision Express 2 is that unless it's acting weird for the day I can literally set up a DVD to encode and forget it and set the computer to shut down automagically to boot. As an Over-The-Road truck driver that doesn't have a laptop this is so essential for me it's not funny especially when you only get home for the weekend for a day or two at the most! :)

12. kopex

kopex Member

thanks to all that answered my letters ,all sorted now but only need to find answer to one question??????????i want to make a dvd with 3 episodes of hammer house of horror on?how do i make a multiple movie dvd

13. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

There are several ways to do it, it really depends on how elaborate you want to get.

For just putting the movies on a disc without menus, you can use Shrink in the re-author mode. Just have each of your movies on your hard drive in a folder. Shrink-> Open files-> get the first movie-> Let it analyse -> open re-author -> put the main movie title into the compilation window -> open the browser and find the next movie-> install the main movie title into the compilation window-> do the same for the third. Try not to cram to much onto one disc.

If you want menus and other things then it gets a bit more complicated.

14. kopex

kopex Member

heres another question for you?ive just got a tv/video capture card.all installed correctly and the tv works great.but when i try to capture a vhs tape its in black n white????????its a mercury card.running through the correct cables i got from a well known electrical shop M PLINS??????????any ideas

15. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi again kopex,
    I don't know anything about that stuff other than what I've read. There is a forum here for analog capture though. I defer to the experts on the subject.
    Frank

16. kopex

kopex Member

thanks alot frank,i really appriecate your reply