1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI2DVD bad video

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by xDescent, Feb 21, 2007.

1. xDescent

xDescent Member

Hi, back again...I followed the guide to using avi2dvd that's posted on this site, fairly easy. I converted an avi to dvd, burned the iso. It works fine on my pc, but when I try to play it in any dvd players, the video is bad. It looks like it's black and white, and the video is flickering and scrolling and you can almost see it, almost like what an old vhs tape would look like right before it got eaten. The audio is there and sounds fine, but no video. Any ideas?

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I use Nero Vision from the Nero 7 suite to do AVI conversions and they work fine (on the standalone player as well). It uses a simple wizard format to lead you through. Rest the cursor on commands and it explains the function. You can get a full function trial at the Nero website if you don't already own Nero.

3. falonga

falonga Regular member

try VSO convertXtoDVD

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

The trial ConvertXtoDVD marks the video output, the Nero Vision trail doesn't. They're similar programs and have a similar wizard style interface.

5. falonga

falonga Regular member

ermmm yes convertxtodvd adds a watermark, but i think it encodes just that little bit quicker, also is considerably cheaper

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I didn't notice that much time difference overall, but I didnt' time them. I own both by the way (retail versions). Nero Vision comes as part of the Nero suite, so there's a lot more included than just the one program. VSO does sell their programs one at a time. By comparison of what one gets in the purchase, I can't say it's a great deal. ConvertXtoDVD costs $40 (single program) and Nero about $80 for the Platinum Suite. So if Nero Vision is worth ConvertXtoDVD, then everything else in Nero goes for $40. Now that's a steal.

I'm not putting down ConvertXtoDVD, it's a good program. However the trial does mark the video. So, the only purpose of the trial is to show how the program works. If not intending to buy, it's a waste of time. With Nero Vision the user gets to see how the program works and have a keeper video.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007