1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVi2DVD, DIKO, ConvertX2dvd with CCE

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Morgtom, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Morgtom

Morgtom Guest

When i tired to use CCE SP 2.7 and CCE SP2 1.0.15 with both AVI2DVD and DIKO both programs seem not to support this version of the encoder. Is there a work around for this?

If there is not a work around which version of SP should i use? Also would the latest version of HC encoder be better than an old version of CCE SP?

What about the difference in time?

Is there a program like AVI2dvd, diko and convertxtodvd that write all the avi scripts and handle all the steps for me and support later versions of CCE?

Thanks for all you help!

Tom

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

HCenc is a great encoder, but slower than CCE. If you are talking about downloaded XviD AVIs there is really no advantage to going to a pay encoder. HCenc is especially good at low bitrates and is constantly being refined. There is also a support forum at Doom 9.

As to your second question give AVStoDVD a shot. No menus or subs though and only 2 channel audio.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/avstodvd/

There is also FAVC.

http://favcfavc.googlepages.com/home

3. Morgtom

Morgtom Guest

Well i tried AVS2dvd and it supported CCE SP but not CCE SP2 (it only says SP). When i loaded in a sample avi file of 1min, it only made one pass, even tho i selected the highest quality setting which should have done 2 passes. I'm not sure if there is a problem with the program or just with my setup, but coupled with there only being 2 channel sound i think ill look for something else. I have also been reading about D2SRoBa with DVD2SVCD and gave that a shot but the program is heavily out of date now (2005-10-18 last update), and takes a while to set all the settings up.

So im thinking the best bet is to use the out of date CCE SP 1.6, as in the version that AVI2dvd supports. I no its a lot faster than HE encoder but is it as good in quality considering HC is newer?? I will do some testing soon, but im just curious to hear what the experts hav eto say.

Anyway thanks for ur help so far.

Also, there is heaps of quality programs out there that do a good job and that are open source, why cant they just join to make 1 good program and keep it upto date? Surely if Diko, AVI2dvd, AVS2dvd and FACV etc. worked together they could make something spectacular.