1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi2dvd prob with mkv files

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Stonebrim, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Stonebrim

Stonebrim Member

load my mkv file into avi2dvd but none of the information or audio stream choices open up when it is loaded.

tried convertxdvd with the same file but when finished it skipped all the time.

any help that can be provided with my problems would be greatly appreciated.

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

well avi2dvd is not a good app very buggy...

convertxtodvd is very good! and skipping could be disc type used and speed of burn etc...

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  3. Stonebrim

Stonebrim Member

when I used convertx2dvd the output file copied to the computer has the skipping in it even before I copy it to a dvd.

I read somewhere that avi2dvd won't work with mkv files that use h264 encoding do you know if this is true and do you suggest any other programs to convert mkv to dvd? I hjave alot of files that are mkv and would love to be able to watch on the tube instead of my little computer screen.

thanks for your time and help

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  5. rogue212

rogue212 Guest

You said your mkv files were skipping before you burned them, have you tried other mkv files with ConvertXtoDVD, may have been a corrupt or bad mkv file you converted.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2007
  6. Stonebrim

Stonebrim Member

yes, I tried other files same problem but just used dvd flick and had no probs at all.

thanks for everyones help with my problems