1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi2dvd question

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sheltagus, Nov 8, 2007.

1. sheltagus

sheltagus Member

I followed to the avi2dvd guide to create a dvd image from an avi file. The process took 5 hours and what I'm left with is a bunch of files of which none are an .iso. I have a .mpv file and ac3 audio file. What is the next step in getting these burned to play in a standard dvd player? TIA!

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

3. attar

attar Senior member

On step 2, did you check the 'Create ISO' button?Also the DVD folder can be used to create an iso with DVD shrink.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  4. sheltagus

sheltagus Member

Im not going through another 5 hour wait. Cant I put the .mpv and .ac3 in Tmpenc or whatever and it make the files necessary for burning.

5. sheltagus

sheltagus Member

Yes it was checked. I followed the guide I got off of this site.

6. attar

attar Senior member

7. sheltagus

sheltagus Member

8. r0nbo

r0nbo Guest

I also used AVI2DVD to make an iso of an avi file but despite it being set for a standard size dvd I got an iso of 9 gig which dvddecryptor said could not be burned on a dvd. TOO BIG. the avi was only 718 k or so like most. How the heck can I get a dvd of this avi? I wasted all that time for nothing.

9. r0nbo

r0nbo Guest

And yes I even tried to use the VIDEO files and use Nero but avi2dvd did NOT make all the VIDEO_TS BP AND IFO Files that are needed. Nero told me fly a kite.

10. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

dump avi2dvd get TFM The FilmMachine same thing, free and alot better

11. r0nbo

r0nbo Guest

It would be easier to just use the video files I already have but how do I make the VIDEO_TS bup,ifo that nero demands? From what I read that other program doesnt offer the option to make the iso a usable size either. AVI2DVD had the option but it didnt work.

12. r0nbo

r0nbo Guest

Tried TMC. it crashed real fast.

13. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

do you have .vobs? how many? and what are they named?

14. r0nbo

r0nbo Guest

VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB

also a VTS_01_0.BUP and VTS_01_0.IFO
    no VIDEO-TS BUP IFO or the other files that Nero says must be there

15. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

ok load these files to dvd shrink (for testing it wont shrink anything) if they load there ok, click BACKUP and output the file as iso, burn with imgburn

16. r0nbo

r0nbo Guest

well I tried but it was a waste of time. Shrink wrote to my dvd and made a coaster that I cannot access or erase and said it wrote to the hard drive also which it did not. Screw it. These sony +rws have been nothing but trouble anyway. Ive had to pitch about every one I tried to burn to. They cant be read or accessed once the burner is done with them. I had some luck using the NEC burner that came in this box instead of the fancy LG that I added which has had no trouble with Verbatims but I ran out of them. Thanks for trying anyway. This was a Divx avi so it ends up too big as an iso anyhow.

17. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

if the files loaded to dvd shrink with no errors the file structure is good to go! and as you say its probably just your discs as the process worked ok and burning, as you say verbatims worked...

(This was a Divx avi so it ends up too big as an iso anyhow. ) < ---- ?????? not sure here?

on avi i would use ConvertXtoDVD easy app powerful and does the lot to dvdr! alot easyer to grasp/use

also i deffo say use IMGBURN (on the iso from dvd shrink) and BOOKTYPE those +RW to DVD-ROM like an original, more compatibility...

drop the disc in drive use imgburn to erase the +RW, wirth a shot...

----------

rw's are abit iffy, get a caketub off the net of dvdr and if ya get a coaster its only 20pence?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  18. r0nbo

r0nbo Guest

well this is getting confusing now. Shrink didnt make an iso but it did make the VIDEO-TS.IFO and .BUP files that Nero and something else wanted and stuck everything away where it took me a while to find them. SO I tried Nero Recode and told it where the files were and stuck that disk in the NEC that IMGBRN said it erased. It threw that disk out so fast it bounced off the wall and said it was crap so I stuck in a new one off the bindle and lo and behold it started burning to it. With great doubt I took the completed disk and stuck it in my tv dvd player and it actually loaded and ran. Only took 4 days to get a usable disk. No more than I ever make a dvd I dont keep up with all the quirks and foibles of these things is why I use the RW disks and not the R like you suggest. I might as well as many of these Sony disks I have had to throw away now. Nothing will make them usable again. I stuck one in the dvd player on the tv which is also a burner and it locked the thing up so bad I thought I was gonna have to take it apart to get it out but I pulled the plug on it for a while and it finally spit it out. You mention pence so I assume you are UK and I know you didnt watch the Welch beat the Dane the other day. :) off topic I know. Beat me severely. Thanks for your trouble mate.

19. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hmmm

try formating/erasing the disc RW first (from new), then burn to it...

may just get it working as should erasible after...

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  20. REALShelt

REALShelt Member

Hey "Sheltagus" I'm interested to know where you got that name. Please respond. I made the name Sheltagus up MYSELF in a game called "Dragonrealms" in 1995 and have since used it on various boards, online games including XBOX live and Quake 2. I'm running into some issues with people thinking you are me. Especially serious given your posts on Marijuana.com. It's causing me some serious issues as there are many people that know me by this name. I'd really appreciate a response.

The REAL Sheltagus Celthwynn, born years ago and used exclusively by me years ago and ever since.