1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi2dvd works until "file access denied" help?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by surpoo, Apr 7, 2007.

1. surpoo

surpoo Guest

trying to run avi2dvd program, got everything running, until about 2 minutes in a "file access denied" error box pops up and shuts it down. Any way of fixing that? I have tried it with 2 different avi clips.

2. surpoo

surpoo Guest

answered my own question, uninstall and reinstall after each conversion, only takes 10 seconds, something to do with vista and the registries. Great site by the way, no help from anyone for 3 days.

3. wsptx

wsptx Member

I'm getting the same error with vista but I don't understand the solution stated. Can someone assist me? Thanks is advance!

4. attar

attar Senior member

surpoo,(the sarcasm aside) said that uninstalling and reinstalling the program was the only way to make it work under 'Vista'.
    I don't have Vista but you might be able to change the 'compatability' to something else (XP?) under the 'Properties' menu.
    Failing that you can try this.

http://dl.afterdawn.com/vsoDivxToDVD_setup_v0.5.2b.exe

Set 'Aspect' and 'Standard' before converting.

5. geekling

geekling Member

In order to run AVI2DVD in Vista you have to run it as administrator. To do this simply right click on the shortcut and click on Prpoerties. Under the compatibility tab check the "Run this program as an administrator" box in the third section of the tab. Don't have to uninstall every time you encode a file anymore.

6. soupnazi

soupnazi Member

I'm still getting "file access denied" when I run it as administrator with vista

7. geekling

geekling Member

If you were already getting the file access denied error then tried to run as administrator then it probably didn't do anything because the registry has already been changed. Try uninstalling it and reinstalling it and checking the Run As Administrator box before running the program.

8. attar

attar Senior member

9. david94

david94 Regular member

ok so i have also got windows vista and i get the same thing when i delete some files off my hdd. so how can i get around this as the secriurtity is off for changes and it will only come up you need permission access denied.i am running as an administrator and i have access to everything accept that.
    i really need help!

10. attar

attar Senior member

11. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

I hear this on the forums often with Vista users. Disable the User Controls completely so that there is only one account (admin). That should do it.

12. dopeyjoe

dopeyjoe Member

Just in case anyone stumbles across this problem, I just had it and tried a combo of all the suggestions. I uninstalled the program, then reinstalled with compatability on xp, then ran the program with xp compatability and administrator rights on, and it all started working perfectly. :)

13. rps13sh

rps13sh Member

how do you reinstall with xp compatibility? i didnt see that option. im using vista ultimate and having same problems as everyone else. i keep having to reinstall. that works but it sucks.