1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi2dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by harley772, May 21, 2003.

1. harley772

harley772 Member

what is the best program to convert avi films ive downloaded to dvd i can play on a dvd player
    regards
    harley772

2. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

Hi,
    I have been playing with this lately, and the jury is still out. I have been converting video with CCE and getting good quality (of course it won't be DVD quality since it is going from a highly compressed source).
    I have also tried using TMPGEnc, which is MUCH slower--even if the quality was better, the time it takes would not be worth it for me.
    The problem that I am having is that, at least here in NTSC-land, the audio has to be in AC3 format. Once I convert the audio via besweet and plug it into Spruce up with the video file, I lose audio sync.
    I am curious now about what frame rate CCE encodes to - maybe it outputs at 23.xxx as the default, and pull up has to be done on all output even if it started out at 29.976fps?
    One way or the other, head over to www.doom9.org and check out their conversion guides, they will get you going.

3. harley772

harley772 Member

thanx 4 your help