1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI's converted to DVD

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Ranger55, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Ranger55

Ranger55 Member

I had a bunch of avi's (humerous subjects) on my computer that I decided to convert to DVD's. I use WinAVI exclusively and have never had a problem. I made copies to give to a friend. I checked my copies and they work perfectly both on my computer and also my DVD player. The copies I gave to my friend will not play properly. They are out of sync. I'm assuming that it is a problem with his player. Could this be a logical conclusion? I forgot to bring them back home to check them on my player. The brand of media that I'm using is recommended by my burner and I have no problem.

2. dabagboy

dabagboy Member

Last edited: Sep 13, 2004
  3. fairlino

fairlino Guest

hi, ive just started downloading movies im new to this, and the avi file ive joined together are out of sync how can i solve this plz

4. BHarris50

BHarris50 Member

I've had success using TMPGEnc Xpress 3.0 and author 1.6. I had audio out of sync problems and got the AC3 audio plug in and encode the audio with AC3 and the audio was back in sync. If it's out of sync it's probably the method you used to encode audio. try another option.

The reason you have to expand a 700MG file 4.3Gb is that the 700MG file is in divx or xvid and very likely your player doesn't play that it plays mpeg and mpeg isn't as effiecent compression so that's why you have to do that. You might be able to ecode to movies to DVDr and not lose much quality if any.

5. karada88

karada88 Guest

hi all, for the sync problem here's a guide that may help: http://nickyguides.digital-digest.com/audio-synch.htm
    ----------------------------------------------------
    unfortunately you do have to compress the .avi file
    to dvd standards which will make the file alot larger, current technology now no way of getting around it yet, if you want it to be reconized in your stanalone dvd player.You'll get about 2 hrs play back in real time on the dvd.

6. dineal

dineal Member

Can I combine 2 avi files into 1 DVD using winavi?

7. Arkfeld

Arkfeld Guest

yes

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2006