1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVIs 'jumpy' on Standalone DivX DVD Player

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by danza108, Dec 31, 2004.

1. danza108

danza108 Member

I have burnt a few DivX files onto a DVD, but they are very 'jumpy' when i play them on my Rowa DivX Dvd Player, is it hte burning process? Beacuse DVD+R is meant to be 4x, nad the burner burns at 4X, but it is only burning at 2.4x. Its an old NEC 4x DVD+R/RW burner. They are flawless when i play them on my computer, but when i play them from the DVD on the computer, they are also 'jumpy', but when i copy them from the DVD to my hdd, it works fine. THe files are NTSC FIlm (23.976fps), does that have anything to do with it, maybe my player cant play that format? is that possible

What am I to do, to get rid of hte jumpiness

THanks in advanced for any help provided

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  2. Kingd

Kingd Guest

Try different dvd media. Taiyo Yuden's are my preference. You might be able to find Fuju made in Japan dvd+r, those are taiyo yuden. Be careful however as there are also made in Taiwan fuji's that are some other company. If your already using high quality media, then perhaps the old burner is the issue?

3. danza108

danza108 Member

well i just started on a spindal of laser dvd+r 4x. are these any good? they use the pruple dye on teh back.i live in aust. so the prices are a bit more expensive

4. Kingd

Kingd Guest

danza108: Never heard of em. Check out some of the threads here for some good media choices. I've heard TDK or Maxell are good. I always buy Taiyo so thats why i'm not familiar with others.

5. danza108

danza108 Member

ohh ok thanks for ur help? how much are the japanese ones to import from japan?

6. Kingd

Kingd Guest

danza108: I'm not sure, check out your local online places and see if they carry them and ship to your area. Since i'm in the states i'm not familiar with your part of thw world.