1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avisynth - variables from files

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by dirtyharry2, Jan 28, 2013.

1. dirtyharry2

dirtyharry2 Member

Hello;

I am currently trying to use avisynth to post-produce a video in a specific manner, from what is basically a RELAY RACE with 4 passes:
    1) a "main" video, of between 15-30 seconds long, covers the whole race;
    2) 4 short videos (1.5-2s each) which will get inset
    3) 4 photographs, which will also get inset (as I understand it, I have to basically make them into videos.

I need to do the generating utilizing the variables from a file (which I dynamically generate, out of the scope of this). The file will consist of something like:

19.004 //total length of this particular race
    5.013 //start time of inset 1
    9.987 // start time of inset 2
    15.451 // start time of inset 3
    RACENAME // miscelleneous text I want to be able to insert at some points
    4.35 // miscellaneous numbers/data I want to be able to insert into the video at various points

I think the inserts are done using Overlay (is there an easier way?). I'll be having the videos reduced to a corner and overlaid.

Do I use conditionalread to get the data from the textfile? I've looked into it but don't entirely understand the mechanics.

Each race lasts a variable time. Each pass-video can thus take place at any given time, and can be a variable length. Each photo should be inserted at a variable time (probably a half second after the pass, and displayed for a period).

I've got a system already designed for automatically taking the videos/photos, naming them appropriately and saving/organizing, and generating a textfile with the data.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. attar

attar Senior member