1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avisynth

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Marioncsi, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Marioncsi

Marioncsi Member

I am relatively new to opensource programing but have some 8mm video that I would like to clean up (dust & Streaking) and enhance video imaginging ... Avisynth seems to have or propose to do everything I want but am having trouble using the product as downloaded ... How do I get Avisynth filters to work with my AVI editing programs ... I aloso downloaded programs from Virtualdyb & virtualdubmod but they also fail to accept Avisynth files ... What Am I missing?

I currently use Ms Window media player, Adobe Priemre Elements 10, VideoPad Video Editor, & Video Enhancer ...

Any and all help appreciated,,,

Thanks

2. attar

attar Senior member

There should be an error code generated if the script fails to load in VirtualDub.
    Example of a simple two line script out of NotePad, saved with the .avs extension
    Note that unless the video file and the script are in the same folder, the complete path to the video must be indicated, e.g.
    avisource("c:\test_files\myvideo.avi")

Code:
    avisource("path/to/clip.avi")
    info()
    Save the script as something.avs and drag it onto a shortcut to VirtualDub and it should open clip.avi and display information about it.
    - Windows Media Player will also accept .avs scripts for playback.