1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVs.P'I/O Device Error'-DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jayquik03, Jan 19, 2005.

1. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

I know there is one or two of these topics already made but this is a little diffrent. I have the dvd alien vs. preditor wide screen and I'm trying to burn it. I'm using dvd shrink 3.2 and it goes through they analysis part of the process then when I try to compress/backup to computer I get the error Dvd Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Copy Protection error. The request could not be performed do to an I/O device error. Any ideas on what could be making this problem, how I could fix it, or what programs I could use to get around this? Unless confirmed w/ this movie please no suggestions on programs to use. it's very frustrating to get 10 diffrent reply's that all say, "I've used this program it works fine w/ other movies". That's really no help to me. But thanks for the thoughts. In any case, please give some info on this error tia 'thanks in advance'...

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

jayquik03--
    Sometimes when Shrink has a problem, I just use DVD Decryptor to rip the movie, then Shrink as you normally would--Decryptor has a stronger ripper--there are guides on this site--Just start Decryptor and change Mode(file tab) to ISO "Read"

Whitfield

3. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

Will try, I just find it very difficult to switch between rippers I like to just use the 1 program but doing that now thatnks for the advice.

4. GIjackie

GIjackie Member

jayquik03---
    I had the same problem with Friday Night Lights. I went back to the video store and rented another copy and then it worked fine.

5. jfs1973

jfs1973 Member

I ahd the same thing happen to me, but now my DVD writer won't recognize any disk I put in. Anybody encounter this before?

6. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

Yeah i've done this fine w/ dvd shrink and anydvd anydvd works for everything