1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aww Crap

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by acid5214, Mar 17, 2007.

1. acid5214

acid5214 Guest

I just bought my xbox 360 on Jan 07. And now it has the disc read error! I bought it at best buy. Do you think they'll let me swap a new one? Or give me back my money?

2. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

It depends if u bought the warrnety they r really good about exchanging things that are broke they will look at it u show them whats wrong 9 out of 10 times they give u new one

3. acid5214

acid5214 Guest

I didn't buy the warrenty. I hope they let me exchange it. Damn I killed my xbox 360 by bricking the drive. I don't know what went wrong. It went through all four loads completely but when I try to play my back ups it doesn't work. Nor does my original.

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

reflash orig.bin and try again

5. fgamer

fgamer Guest

Send it in to Microsoft, it should still be under the 1 year warranty since you got it in January,2007. Don't worry if you've opened it, I've sent in 2 that I opened and they repaired both for free. I even sent in one with a hacked firmware still on the drive (I couldn't reflash orig.bin on the drive because the 360 gave me "open tray" errors and wouldn't read the 0800 mode disk), it also had one missing rubber feet and they repaired the 360 anyways. I'm not saying it's a guarantee that it'll work for you but as long as you didn't make it too obvious that you've been in the inside you may get a free repair.

6. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

well if he is saying that it just wont read games, but it will power on and open up it would be easier to just reflash it again, and save time sending it off

7. acid5214

acid5214 Guest

I just reflashed today with origianl. All went well except the playing part. Still have the same problem. Dang I don't really know what to do. I know that sending it off to Microsoft with the warrenty sticker peeled off is a big sign since they already know I've went through the system already. Also didn't pay off all of the debt from Best Buy yet. Still got like $350 left.

8. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

the laser is bad, you can either buy a new drive, or you can try to exchange yours

9. ekim512

ekim512 Guest

tell them that you are in an in house drug recovery program and ur 360 is ur antidrug

some ppl have luck with that

10. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

that is so damn stupid, i seriously wish i had been there for that

11. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

double post sorry

Last edited: Mar 19, 2007
  12. acid5214

acid5214 Guest

lmao. anti drug. Anyways I think I'm gona go buy a new xbox 360. Return it along with my old xbox 360 and keep the new one. I don't think they'll know which is new or old can they?

13. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

put the old xbox in the new xbox case and then take it back

14. keebles

keebles Regular member

they can tell, they check to see if the warrenty sticker is broken, and also scan the barcode on the unit with the receipt to see if it is the correct unit. They do that at every store( best buy, walmart, target, you name it) so that you can't return a broken unit. If the unit looks odd, they ethier won't except it, or they will send it back to microsoft, and microsoft checks the bored out( the bored has the ID, printed on it). And if that doesn't match up, they tell the store that it is the wrong unit that was returned. if you paid for it using a credit card, they can bill you for the unit and all the hasel they had to go through. and if they really wanted to, they can ban you from going into that store ever again.

15. billz

billz Active member

I don't know where you live but the walmart near me sells broken crap all the time.I bought a ds there and it was in 2 pieces!!! they said and I qoute "O' that happens all the time do you want another one or a refund" Im not making this sh*t up

swap the case and you'll be fine they just check the barcode and throw it back on the shelf . Beware you may be a victim of your pracitces thou. I suggest getting an experince person help you fix the 360 and leave the swaping as a last resort

16. acid5214

acid5214 Guest

Oh damn you right. Yeah the barcode gives it all away. Dang I guess I'm screwed. Maybe sell it on ebay?

17. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

no, buy a new one, open it when you get home, and put your old xbox insides in the new case, and put the new xbox insides in your old case, and then put the new case back in the box and take it back where you got it from, they wont check to see if it has been opened or anything just get your money back, tell them you didnt really want it like you thought you did

18. billz

billz Active member

don't sell it on ebay unless your selling it as broke .It's 1 thing to stick the man but don't do it to a normal person. If you want 1 to 1 trade take madmikes advice

19. keebles

keebles Regular member

I work for walmart in the return area, and they check to see if the units ID matches the ID on the receipt. They also check to see if the warrenty sticker has been broken. I have seen people try that with the xbox 360( someone had a broken one and did the case swap, my manager checked under the face plate to see if the warrenty sticker wasn't void and it was). He told them that they can't accept it even when the custmer was yelling saying that he got it that way from us.

20. billz

billz Active member

well you sir are in the know but not all walmart employess are hanging around aD. I suspect you might also refuse a ds in 2 pieces