1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azereus 2.3.0.0 slow

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by skmills, May 3, 2005.

1. skmills

skmills Member

Just wondering if anyone has this problem - I just updated Azereus from 2.2.0.0 to 2.3.0.0. Every setting is exactly the same, and I am getting all green smiley's, however, my download speeds are both individually and overall about 1/6th of what they were before I updated. On one torrent (from one of my favorite sites which is always fast) I'm connected to 8 seeders and 9 peers, and am gettin 0kb/s download speed - I've never heard of this before.

I updated because Azereus told me when i opened it that I had to update the core application - anyone know if it's possible to go back to 2.2? On the official site, all there is now is 2.3. Anyway, I'm very dissapointed to say the least.

2. ~RoNin~

~RoNin~ Regular member

There is three other threads going on this already...not trying to be rude here...but just join one of the other threads...

3. skmills

skmills Member

If I could find a thread relating to my problem, I'd join it immediately - All I can find is folks having trouble with firewalls, bittorrent speed in general and such - I considered my problem to be different - Everything on my computer is set up perfectly, yet a change from simply 2.2 to 2.3 yields download speeds 1/6th of what they were.

I'm not wondering about router configuration or firewall, or anything of that sort - with 2.2, azereus allowed me to download at the max. speed my line could handle. Now, Azereus itself is limiting the speed somehow.

4. ~RoNin~

~RoNin~ Regular member

ok..well actualy to tell you the truth, I'm having much the same problem as you...I'm thinkin of switching clients...

5. skmills

skmills Member

Me too... I was hoping it wouldn't come to that, I've been 100% happy with Azereus till now, but I guess there's really no alternative.

I wonder if the folks responsible for Azereus are aware of this problem - I couldn't see any way of contacting them or even a dedicated forum.

6. ~RoNin~

~RoNin~ Regular member

Yeah, If they find that its a problem with their software chances are they will put out another update...which is a hassle. In the other threads I read that it may be a problem with Java. Did you update your Java?

7. skmills

skmills Member

At first I didn't update my Java because I already had 1.5, but then I figured there might be another update to what I already had, so I downloaded the latest version and installed it - if anything, the download speed decreased even more after that :(

Looks like it's client-changin' time for me - I saw someone mention BitLord as a good client, will have to try it out I guess.

Cheers

8. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

9. skmills

skmills Member

I went back to 2.2 and got most of my speed back - the one torrent I have leeching now went from 4 kb/s with 2.3 to 90 kb/s with 2.2 - I'm still pretty sure it would have been faster before, but this is much better than sticking with the update.

10. K-Dawg

K-Dawg Member

Tried this and it seems to work:

Go into 'options'

under 'plugins' go to 'jpc' and unchecked both upload and download cache.

Please post results.

11. mentat333

mentat333 Member

Hi guys,
    I've have the same problems. You need to install java 1.5 onwards for version 2.3 to work properly.

12. phatinc

phatinc Member

I did install the latest java (not with that net beans though)

and i am still getting terrible speeds (0kb/s)

btw thanks for that link to 2.2.0.2

and now i'm going to try what that other guy sed about unchecking the download and upload cache or something, if it doesn't work i'm down grating (i bet my NAT and Hub and Router ain't helping either)

13. skmills

skmills Member

My downgrade is workin great - getting speeds up to 340kB/s, which is exactly what i had before. The only problem is that it keeps asking me to update on every startup, and I'm getting a few error messages in the bottom right corner, but nothing seems to be effected.

14. phatinc

phatinc Member

for some reasons, i'm still getting slow downloads >.<

but it's better than 0 (i'm getting like 3-6 kb persec

15. anubis147

anubis147 Member

i disabled the jpc stuff and no dif.

i think that the fact that so many people are affected shows that there was not enough testing on this one.

maybe a new client is in order

16. robintay

robintay Member

i got the same problem. the thing is that i noticed on the azereus status bar that it was going at my max speed currently 6kb due to speed capping at the moment. anyway... the status bar is show 6k but my only item on download is on 0-1kb. That strike me as either programming error or something. So I disabled every single plugin available and it was still the same. Using the latest java as well. So bugger that. Just reverted back to 2.0 and it is back to normal.

17. McBrat

McBrat Regular member

I had similar problems (and similar thread). In the end I had to restore my Linksys wireless router to factory defaults then go back in and forward the ports again. Still have no clue why the update would affect my router as it did but it's hard to argue with fact. After fidiling with all that I seem to be back to normal. DLing right now at around 80 - 100 k. Good luck.

18. McBrat

McBrat Regular member

correction...DLing right now at 160 - 180 kB/s

19. anubis147

anubis147 Member

i run ipcop and i tried deleting all the forwarding rules and re did them. No dif. 2.2.0.2 seems to be working a treat now.

i had times with 2.3.0.0 where the files were not downloading, yet at the bottom it showed something was downloading. I would like to hear any ideas on what this is. I suspected sloppy programming at first but after reading into things a bit and from what i know of programming (though quite limited) i doubt its sloppyness and more likely something else.

Does azureus ping anyone/anything when its going about its business? because i was wondering if it was pings or something the like that it was picking up. The highest it ever got to when files were not downloading was about 500bytes per/sec so it was never anything that was going to make to much of a resource drain.

20. blade88

blade88 Member

I use the latest version and it's running fine!