1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azuereus versus....

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by tblossom, Jan 12, 2007.

1. tblossom

tblossom Member

I´ve been using Azuereus for a year or two. I´m positive I´m not using as efficiently as is possible. I´m thinking of changing to either Frostwire, Shareaza or Ants. But before I ask which is better for a "button-pusher" like me, would somebody try to explain to me why I can end up with huge seed swarms and peer swarms and very few seeders or peers and a minimal download speed.

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

There are lots of reasons for slow downloads and connectivity problems: a router that isn't port forwarded, having UPnP on, not using encryption, needing a static ip address, your ISP is port throttling torrents. See if your ISP is on this list: http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Bad_ISPs and even if it's not, let us know, someone may know. And, I don't know if it matters or not but I read that Azureus prefers a port between 47,000 - 70,000 (about)(over 10,000, though) and, also, don't use the default port.