1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus 2.3.0.0 + ZoneAlarm 5.5.062 = Headache

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by apex2000, May 3, 2005.

1. apex2000

apex2000 Member

I have been using Azureus 2.2.0.2 with ZoneAlarm Security Suite 5.5.062 quite happily for months - no connection or u/l / d/l problems at all.

Today, Azureus updater said v.2.3.0.0 was available and I downloaded and installed it. Since then I cannot make any connections - all I get is red faces.

I am assuming it is something to do with port 6881, but cannot find out how to change anything in ZoneAlarm - and I'm confused as it worked so well before.

Can anyone [1] recommend how to overcome the problem, or [2] recommend another firewall that can be set up with Azureus 2.3.0.0 [bearing in mind I'm not a computer genius?

TNX

2. apex2000

apex2000 Member

My own answer!!

Got really pi**ed off with Azureus and looked for another client.

Ended up choosing BitLord from http://www.bitlord.com and it installed and worked perfectly. It even picked up a partly downloaded file from Azureus and finished it for me. Amazing.

Needless to say it's 'Bye Bye Azureus and Java'
    Hope this may help others in the same boat.

3. Licinho

Licinho Member

I think the problem is java...need to update it,but you already changed clients so there is no problem anymore.
    I was getting the same problem as you,but I upgraded the java and it is fine now.

4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

5. apex2000

apex2000 Member

Licinho - you were right. Couldn't download the Java update direct from Java/Sun, so used BitLord to download the .torrent.

After uninstalling, then reinstalling Java, Azureus works like a dream again. I'm going to keep BitLord as a backup client though!!

TNX ;-)

6. Licinho

Licinho Member

Glad I could help ;)