1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus and PS3???

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by jxt, Jun 16, 2007.

1. jxt

jxt Member

Yeah, I just updated my PS3 after a while, and I noticed there was this strange Azureus icon sitting in my menu thing. It was next to a media server search option, so I figured it had something to do with that. After a bit of searching online and on these forums, I finally figured out what a media server is and tried to get it to work. However, I'm having no luck getting it to connect.

I've enabled publish to local network on azureus, and restarted both it and PS3. I'm a bit unsure as to which folder gets sent to the media server thing, so I just made a bunch of copies of files to possible places. I've restarted both Azureus and my PS3, and it still doesn't seem to work. I've had by firewall disabled for a long time now, so it doesn't seem to be that.

I'm really at a loss as to how this media server thing works for the ps3. There are a few threads here along a similar vein, but I'm kinda looking for more of a 'how-to' guide rather than a fix for a specific problem. Words like Tversity and stuff seems to pop up a bit, and I'm a bit confused as to what they all mean. I hope I can get a bit of help here ^_^

2. TheNick

TheNick Guest

huh, didnt know you could use azereus for that...

anyway, i just got tversity working, its not bad (i think its one of the few that can stream .avi's and such), there's good info here on this forum if you look at recent posts, and ive also found this as a tutorial, hope if helps:

3. stickweed

stickweed Regular member

I'll write a tutorial for NERO MediaHome. (Hope you can get access to that program it's real easy to use).

4. stickweed

stickweed Regular member

NERO MEDIA HOME TUTORIAL
    ------------------------

Step 1.
    Make sure there is a connection between the computer you want to stream from to the PS3.

Step 2.
    Install and open Nero MediaHome.
    Once open a screen like this should appear.

[​IMG]

Step 3.
    Click on add share and browse to the folder with the media you want to stream.

[​IMG]

Step 4.
    It should look something like this.

[​IMG]

Step 5.
    Turn on your PS3. Then whenever your ready click on start server in Nero MediaHome. The PS3 should register this server immediately. If it doesn't select search for media servers

[​IMG]

Step 6.
    Once The server appears on the PS3 it should be something along the lines of this.

[​IMG]

Step 7.
    Browse to whatever file you are trying to open.

[​IMG]

Step 8.
    The file should start playing and Nero MediaHome will show the stats of the server.

[​IMG]

END OF TUTORIAL. Hope that helps.
    Stickweed

5. SteveW191

SteveW191 Member

Thanks for the tutorial stickweed but when i try to access any file from my ps3 it displays the message;

"Access to the media server has been denied. Check the settings for the media server"

Any help you can give me is much appreciated!

Thanks

6. TheNick

TheNick Guest

nice tutorial!

by the way, where'd you find those trailers?! i havent seen an FF XIII one on PSN yet!

7. jxt

jxt Member

Ty for the info but... where do I get this Nero Media Home? I have Nero, but I dunno where the media home is. Didn't see it at the store, so I'm a bit at a loss >_<

8. stickweed

stickweed Regular member

The FFXIII trailer i got from gamespot (but you have to convert it to mpeg to let it play on the PS3).

Nero MediaHome comes with a few of the nero packs like nero home essentials 7 or nero 7 ultra edition.

If the server isn't allowing the PS3 to connect to it, you either have a firewall on or you need to allow the PS3 to connect. Click on the NERO help icon in the bottom left and do a search.