1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

azureus and Sky BB

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by tilerone, Oct 9, 2007.

1. tilerone

tilerone Guest

I may be being thick but im using the lastest azureus app and have a sky BB connection. speed tests show 6.5M but i get a max dl speed on azureus of <60kB/s. thats poooo. years ago with a 2M connection i could hit speeds of 180kB/s or greater with a good seeded torrent. any ideas folks as I getting annoyed especially as i live with a mate and if we use together its a waste of time as torrents take ages. thanks for any advive in advance.
    Steve

2. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

3. tilerone

tilerone Guest

thanks but set up is spot on And tried a few variations.... use peerguardian anyway so no use. and for some reason cant access admin function on the netgear sky router as password and user names aint set at the usual default....was going to try port forwording but as cant access im buggered. was thinking of flashing the router to unlock form sky and set up my self.......any other surgestions are more than welcome.....O ive tried many ports and othr torrent clients too just to check........still no joy POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    O im no newbie like it says been at this for 6 or more years lol

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2007
  4. tilerone

tilerone Guest

ok got into router config (dumbass forgot cant do wirelessly had to hard wire. does anyone jknow if portforwarding will make any difference pls?

5. zaphodb1

zaphodb1 Member

I doubt it. Since you clearly already have a connection, even though its slow it's not likely that port forwarding is going to help much.

Do any of the torrents go green? If so, then your port is forwarded anyway.

You could try changing the port number and see if that helps. Some ISPs will slow down ports if they detect continual use to the same port number.

Finally, try Options, Transfer, and tick use Lazy Bitfield, might do the trick.