1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus Bit Tyrant not downloading

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by seesar, Jan 28, 2008.

1. seesar

seesar Member

Hello all!

I have been using Azureus Bit Tyrant and until a week or so ago I was downloading happily.

Now I have no active downloads. No seeds are listed, although there are multiple peers. Seeding is fine (max five for my 1000 or so kps connection speed). I have all my downloaded files queued to seed. I have a max of 5 active torrents for downloading. I have no NAT problems, ports properly forwarded, many green smilies, few if any tracker errors, and plenty of space on my hard drive for storing my incoming goodies.

Yet, nothing is downloading. Very rarely I will see that one file has started downloading and then it will stop. That tells me that it is possible and the fact that I was grabbing things left and right before makes me think that I had my settings correct, et cetera. Something must have changed and I am not sure what. I even went back to the configuration wizard and basically reset everything, although nothing deviated from their suggested setting that I noticed.

Any help that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated! Surely someone out there knows much more about this than I do!

Cheers!

2. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

I am not sure if I have this right, but I think you are saying that your unfinished downloads are not doing anything and your finished downloads are uploading without issue.

You also stated there are no seeds on the partially downloaded files.
    Are you not connected to any or is the seed column showing 0(0).
    If it is showing 0, then you should check availablity (double-click torrent and on General tab).
    If availability matches the % of the file you have, then that would be the answer, the swarm has no more to give you.
    Availability will show 1.0, or more,if there is a full copy of the data available in the swarm.
    If it is showing seeds (or availability), then there may be some interference by your ISP (internet Service Provider).
    You can check Bad ISPs

The configuration wizard is not the best way to optimize Azureus.
    Check out Good Settings.

3. seesar

seesar Member

Hi there and thanks for replying!

There are some torrents that have maxed out their avialability, but there are many that haven't and the tracker are almost all OK or OK(dht). The seed column in 0(0) all the way down, which is odd and was not the case earlier two weeks ago. It has stayed that way since the problem began.

I will double check the Bad ISPs and reread the Good Settings post, but I think I have followed this advice fairly closely. I will report again in a few minutes when I plough through that stuff some more.

Thanks again!