1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus/Bittorrent mystery, please help

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by JBiafra, Mar 1, 2007.

1. JBiafra

JBiafra Member

Hi everyone, i am quite stupid when it comes to computers so please bear with me if I don't provide enough info here

I am using azureus as my P2P software, i can say with confidence that portforwarding and firewalls are not an issue, i have no NAT errors and always have green faces next to all the torrents i open. I have an 8mb BT homehub connection, and the only computer usually connected is mine.

Before i used azurues i used bog standard bittorrent which ran fine (i was usually downloading at over 100kpbs total) until i went into the settings tab and set a download limit of 10kbps, just for one night while my flatmates were on Xboxlive. Since then my total download speed hovers around 10kpbs, the every torrents individual speed constantly rising and falling to keep the total speed between 8-12k. A reinstall, bittornado and now azureus have not solved this problem, id appreciate any help anyone can give me

ta

2. chrisfunk

chrisfunk Regular member

Did you change anything else,,,perhaps the max upload speed?
    Upload speed affects download speed, the higher the better but it has a limit where it will go the other way so you have to find the right balance.
    I am on 6 meg broadband and a setting of 35 max upload sees me getting download speeds of around 600k !!!

It all depends on the actual torrent thought as well,,,have the files which are only getting 10k got plenty of seeders and other peers? Even healthy (grren face) torrents can still be painfully slow somethimes.