1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

azureus causes complete internet shutdown

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Diskry, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Diskry

Diskry Member

Lately (about the past 1-2 weeks) when I've been using Azureus (or other p2p programs such as bitTorrent) my internet connection will completly die out within 10 minutes or even within 5-6 hours (or more) then go back to normal after about half a day. I have been using Azureus/ BitTorrent for half a year now, and the problem has only been recently happening. This is the first time my internet has given me this error (it happened around a week ago, I started downloading from 2 torrents at once instead of my usual 1, and then about an hour later my internet connectivity is completely lost) :
    -"Limited or no connectivity" ... [you might not be able to access the internet or some network resources. the problem occured because the network did not assign a network address to this computer.]
    Clicking on repair right below the message error doesn't work, it says "IP cannot be renewed". I also used Windows XP diagnostic tools... it searches a connection for about 2 minutes then it gives me the error
    [There might be a problem with your modem/router. Turn them off and then back on to see if they are plugged in.]

I'm not good with computers, but google search has led me to believe that it's a DHCP/ NAT (software firewall?) problem. It also might be that I'm downloading from too many peers at once, but I've limited the # of peers i connect to on azureus from 50 to about 20, and limited the amount I upload (in packets). It doesn't work, I get the same problem. I'm going to try experimenting with other P2P programs to see if they give me the same problem, but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my network and the amount of internet traffic eventually causing my internet to die out for a few hours. it's very annoying because when this happens the entire internet connection in our house doesn't work.

I use windows XP media center computer from HP with SP2 (my windows firewall is always off, I don't use it). My family shares one internet connection for 2 computers (3 when my sister gets home from college) that is connected by a modem, which is connected to the phone jack. My mom works for a agency that supplies our internet, so I believe that we are connected wirelessly to her work's internet (which is DSLextreme). The hardware modem hardware is "3com" and "Wirespeed".

This is my event log under Administrative tools ( i have many of these errors)
    -TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.
    -Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection : Has determined that the adapter is not functioning properly.
    -Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0013D4D54A2A. The following error occurred:
    The semaphore timeout period has expired. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.
    -The browser has forced an election on network \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{ACBCB7DC-6206-4E9F-B31D-1170C57A3E96} because a master browser was stopped.
    -Your computer has automatically configured the IP address for the Network Card with network address 0013D4D54A2A. The IP address being used is 169.254.8.182.
    -The server could not bind to the transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{ACBCB7DC-6206-4E9F-B31D-1170C57A3E96}.

I will appreciate any help I can get! I want to download from programs such as azureus but my internet provider and windows XP seems to be giving me a lot of trouble with these errors!

2. rcrockett

rcrockett Regular member

Contact your ISP. Since you aren't behind a router (locally) your ISP is not issuing you an IP address.

My two cents anyways... =)

3. Colombia8

Colombia8 Member

i think we u just solved one of my problems, i just need to find out how to edit this, it seems i get the exact same problem but i only get the error of maximum tcp/ip connections. so now all i have to find is how to increase that number :D. you should try that too.

4. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

lvllord's EVID patch will cure that max# connection problem.

5. Diskry

Diskry Member

Thanks for the info about the patch. I'll try it tomorrow and see what happens.