1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus Disk Write Error

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by lazydays, Aug 24, 2007.

1. lazydays

lazydays Member

Hello,

I'm having some trouble with Azureus. Whenever I try to download a torrent, after about one minute I get an error message saying that the

'file close fails (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process) open fails flush fails'

I've read that Google Desktop sometimes causes this, so I uninstalled that. I have a sneaky suspicion that it has something to do with my anti-virus software - I'm using Norton Internet Security.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

3. lazydays

lazydays Member

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately i'm still having the same problem. It is definetely not related to my anti-virus software. I think it may have to do with Vista, which seems to be more trouble than its worth. Hopefully i'll find a solution soon.

4. ianh67

ianh67 Member

@ lazydays, I too was getting this problem, I have a dell laptop dual core running vista home premium.

I tried azureus and utorrent BOTH gave the same error, only when downloading mp3's strangely... After a long trawl around the net I found a post relating to roxio causing the same problems, my machine came with this preinstalled.

I removed roxio and hey presto the problem has vanished!! it seems this little program is busy in the background accessing files which can cause the file already in use problem i was experiancing. I hope this helps you out

5. lazydays

lazydays Member

Thanks for the help, the problem is all sorted now.

The only problem now is my RAID hard drive is failing :-/
    Oh computer woe! hehe