1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus File Reset

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by notserp1, Mar 13, 2007.

1. notserp1

notserp1 Member

Occasionally I will have a file about 50% downloaded, and then it "resets." By reset, I mean it starts ALL OVER back to the beginning. It doesn't happen to every download, but doesn't matter if one file is in the torrent, or 100. I was about 60-75% done with an extremely large download (40gb), and EVERYTHING reset a few minutes ago.

Removing and readding the torrent didn't help, as when it scanned the files it didn't detect any as having been even partially completed.

I can't find any info on this anywhere.

Anyone have any ideas, or encounter this problem before?

Thanks,

Jim

2. rcrockett

rcrockett Regular member

Don't post your topics twice.

I don't know why it did it, but perhaps you don't have enough disk space for a 40 GB torrent, which is prompting the reset?

If it's resetting, something is probably happening to the file. If your file system is FAT32 and not NTFS, you can't hold files over 4GB, so that could also be a problem.

You could try the much better torrent application uTorrent.

3. notserp1

notserp1 Member

It is an NTFS drive, and the file was not one large 40gb file, but many small ones, from less than 1k to 414mb.

It's happened three times that I am aware of, and the most frustrating was the 40gb, b/c after 2 weeks, I was just over half way complete.

I will look into the other program. Azureus was the first I have ever used, and wondered if there was another that might be better.

Thanks,

Jim

4. notserp1

notserp1 Member

Posting Twice - It was an accident, as I had no idea as to it happened until I saw your heading.

Did you think I did that on purpose?!?!?

Jim