1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus Firewalled Error

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by narcisoP, Jul 9, 2007.

1. narcisoP

narcisoP Member

Azureus has been showing that the NAT is firewalled. I have port forwarding setup right and windows firewall is off, also my antivirus firewall is set to allow Azureus to connect to the internet. The only solution that I found is restarting my router, a Netgear RP614 v3 with the most current firmware. Lately though, restarting my router hasn't been working. The other problem with restarting the router all the time is that there are other people on my network and I don't want to mess with their connection, especially since they are MMORPG fanatics and they would likely kill me. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thnx all.

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

I'd start with an 'ipconfig /all' to check wether you have forwarded the ports to the correct computer...

3. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

I'd start with an 'ipconfig /all' to check wether you have forwarded the ports to the correct computer...

4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

5. narcisoP

narcisoP Member

thnx everyone for the suggestions, but now i brought on a big problem. i thought i'd do a clean install of azureus because i saw that someone said that worked in another post. so i made backups of all the files i had downloaded and being the noob that i am at this, i deleted the originals which i guess included the torrents, i didn't know that would be a bad idea. after i installed azureus again i copied and pasted the files to where my azureus downloads would go and expected everything to be fine but the files didn't even appear on azureus. so my question now is how exactly do i fix this second problem, and sorry to turn this about another issue altogether. will i have to redownload all the files cuz i don't wanna be thought of as a leecher. thnx in advance for any help.

6. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

If I understand correctly, you have the files, but not the torrents for the files.

You need to have the torrent files to resume.

Did you use a download manager to get the torrents? These will save the torrent download location seperate. Otherwise you can try and find them online.

The "How Do You Resume" page at the azureuswiki has the details on restoring once you have the torrent file:
    http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/How_do_you_resume

7. narcisoP

narcisoP Member

thnx, i''l try that asap.

8. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

BTW on that router problem, check and make sure your max global connections (and per torrent)in Azureus is set to below 200. Although your router is not on the "bad" list, I found this at the azureuswiki:

"As a general rule, a lot of home-routers can only handle a total number of 255 connections open at any one time. Thus, if you have many machines running on one network, your router will quite likely occasionally either lock up / crash or randomly dump connections it decides it can't handle (depending on how well the firmware is written)."

9. narcisoP

narcisoP Member

thnx for that suggestion. going back to the fact that i deleted the torrents to the files i had but made backups of the files. can i make them torrents again my self with azureus since i have the originals?. i think it has its own built in tracker thing to make torrents or should i use some other tracker. if you reply to this comment take into consideration that i am a noob at this, so i hope i can understand what you're talkin about. i hate not being tech savy.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2007
  10. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

I have seen quite a few threads in various forums on seeding files without the torrents and I have not seen seeding on your own as a suggestion. I am not saying it is a bad idea, just that the answer has always been find the torrent or you can't reseed.

I have not used Azureus to host, but supposedly it is "easy".

Do you have a static (never changes) or dynamic (changes on disconnect/reconnect) IP?

It may not be as hard as you think to find the torrents. Do you search for them at a particular site in general? Also many times the file will have info that can lead to the torrent. The name may be listed with the same info that is listed on the torrent, like
    Name [XviD][DVDRip]. Putting that info in the search may turn up your torrent quickly.

If you want to get a good idea of the hosting process, this has screenshots and a good layout:

http://paulstamatiou.com/2006/01/04/how-to-make-a-torrent-with-azureus/

11. narcisoP

narcisoP Member

sorry for not getting back to you all earlier i got swamped at work. just wanted to let you guys know that i'm up and running with no problems any more all your help is much appreciated.