1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

azureus help

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by xfact, Apr 16, 2007.

1. xfact

xfact Member

well, here is what i am asking about, i see that some people, when they download, they have 100kb/s to 600kb/s, few time they have it lower, i was wondering how can i get this kind of speed, because i only get from 30kb/s to max maybe 120kb/s sometimes, if im lucky. i know its not the torrents, because the seeds are usually high, and people that comment, always say things such as, this is the actual qoute "So far so good...only 4hrs left...just started today around 11:00am and it is 10:00pm now dl at 153-183kB/s Uploading at 421-530 kB/s... Keep the seeding... sharing 2.037:1..."

how can i get that kind of speed? like the subject, i use azureus, my NAT is ok, my ports are opened(although i use a router, i think it might have a firewall, if someone can help me to open up the ports for that, i would greatly appreciate that), and also, i run on windows vista, i have verizon dsl. any help would be nice, thanks in advance.

2. rav009

rav009 Active member

Well if your getting around 30kbs its not really a port issue. I'd guess theirs lots of peers on the file, check the number of peers and the number of seeders. Unless of course this is happening on all files, is it?

3. mackum

mackum Member

i ve started to use azureus and have a netgear router,could someone explain to me what is all this ports open and stuff and how do i check to see if mine is set up right, i'm using vista with aol silber surfer,thanks