1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus help!!!

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by jakop92, Jul 12, 2007.

1. jakop92

jakop92 Member

Here is the deal. Whenever I run Azureus while connected through my router, it seems like I get these weird disconnects where all traffic flow to all computers from the router is stopped. After a minute or two it will go back up again. I just bypassed the router and it seems like Azureus runs like a charm and that doesn't happen. Here is the deal:

Brand spanking new router (dlink EBR-2310). I set this computer up for DMZ. Changed the default ip to a different one so modem and router dont interfere. So, whats the deal here??

Oh by the way, I have sbc yahoo dsl (6mbps down 768 up) package.

2. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

When it comes to routers, I am certain of nothing. But,

What are your max global connections set to in Azureus?

If set too high this can cause an overflow which can cause disconnect or slowing.

3. jakop92

jakop92 Member

I set maximum download to like 525kB and upload is usually pretty low like 20kB. My internet package offers 6mbps so 525kB is not really even its max.

4. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

I was referencing the max global connections settings, which are under Tools/Options/Tansfer,you may have to be in Tools/Options/Mode=advanced, to see it.

There has been a problem when max global connections are set to unlimited or a number higher than 200.

Usually there is no need to cap download rate, this can be set to unlimited. It is the upload rate that is the key, should be set to 80% of your total upload rate:

http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Good_settings

That page also has links to speed tests to see your actual upload (and download) speed. Also has a chart of optimal settings for global connections etc for various speeds.

If your speed does not fit in to the chart, then post it here and I can give you the correct numbers.

This may or may not be an answer to your problem, but it is still a good idea to do.