1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus is shutting me down!!!

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by daffydick, May 27, 2007.

1. daffydick

daffydick Member

everytime I start using Azureus 3.0.1.2 I like to leave it downloading overnight when I wake up it says that my system has been shut down...no error messages, just shuts dowwn my PC and restarts it..I sat and watched it one day ( ya okay I had some time to kill) not literally but kept a close eye on it...with no other programs running it shut down after about an hour of running...no warning, no error just click it's off! anybody help me? it sucks enough being on dial -up to not being able to even keep the stuff downloading on my off time! HELP!

2. pj94z

pj94z Member

Hmm...I'm running Vista and this happened to me a few times also last week.

But, I was running 10 programs, so not sure which was the culprit -- now I know.

Azureus had a bunch of updates last night -- make sure you take in all the updates and you should be good to go.

3. mistycat

mistycat Active member

This is just a guess but it could be that your cpu is getting too hot and your pc just needs cleaning but this would show up with any program that uses the same resources for as long. If this is possible, I just use an old shaving lather brush or canned compressed air is made for this purpose. Clean around the fans for sure and anywhere else (don't forget where air enters and exits) and don't touch anything with your person, static electricity will fry the components. Also make sure it's not in an enclosed space like a cabinet, etc,. Vista and p2p can have issues as well as can running so many tasks. Cut it down and see what happens.