1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus Java Problem

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by dallasvic, Jan 15, 2007.

1. dallasvic

dallasvic Guest

I am downloading Azureus and can not find anywhere what Java program is required. I downloaded it a few days ago and it said I needed Java, but I am stumped because I have Limewire Java version w/ Java run time already so it seem that a need another version of Java w/ Azureus. Can anyone help me with this. I would be grateful for the Help!!
    Dallasvic

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

3. dallasvic

dallasvic Guest

Hi Mistycat,

Thanks so much for you help!!! I would have been searching for that in Java forever !! I have so many downloads. Thank GOD for BitComet. My downloads are all in one place. I have been trying to download BitTorrent on my BitComet and it keeps on stopping at 30%. I have also restared the download several times and still no luck. I have heard it GREAT ,but would like to hear what otheres thinkand if is worth the trouble.I have Limewire, BitComet,Azureus and uTorrent. Which is best?
    Dallasvic

4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

I don't think any one of those is better than the other. Personally, I would use Limewire for smaller downloads, like music, etc and I would have a look at Frostwire, same developers and identical looking program. I like utorrent as a client, Azureus is more on the technical side and used to be quite resource heavy but I don't think it is any longer. BitComet used to be quite buggy and was also banned on private sites but not sure if that applies any longer.

5. dallasvic

dallasvic Guest

Well, I am back again! I tried to download Frostwire and the web page has no download unless you donate. Whats up with that? They say its free and not to pay any money, but you can't download with out donating 10.00!!!! LOL Go Figure. Is there anyplace else you can get it at ?
    Dallasvic

6. mistycat

mistycat Active member

7. dallasvic

dallasvic Guest

Thanks for trying to help.I am sure you have better thing to do than to help a (newbie). Really Thanks. I went to that site and there is no place on that site to download from. Maybe they are having down time to work on site. I will try tororrow. Thanks Mistycat

Dallasvic

8. mistycat

mistycat Active member

No problem, help is what everyone is here for or to give. AfterDawn is a great forum, very informative. That site for Frostwire seems to work fine. Click on your OS (windows, say)) to the left and in the next window click I don't care (unless you're making a donation) and the download should start. I've used that site many times so it should work.

9. dallasvic

dallasvic Guest

Hey Mistycat , Great Thanks!! ;) I did not have my contacts in.Once I got your message I went back and looked to the right of page, it was very light I could hardly see it even with my contacts in./I think they do that so you will donate money.LOL pretty sneaky !!! Again GREAT THANKS

Dallasvic

10. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Yeah, the "I don't care' is a good money ploy and almost intimidating. And graying it out doesn't help, almost makes you feel like you should donate.

11. dallasvic

dallasvic Guest

Hello Mistycat'
    Sorry so late getting back with another Great Thank You !!!
    You have Helped me so much on so many things. I willl give you my email so maybe we can become internet friends.You are a Great person I can tell and I am a good judge of poeple so i have been told. Me addt is [removed] , but if you don't want to give me your I will understand. Thanks for your Help!!

Dallasvic

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2007
  12. mistycat

mistycat Active member

You better edit out your email. Good way to get spammed and against the rules but thanks.

13. dallasvic

dallasvic Guest

what do you mean get spammed, I am sorry everyone !!! I am very new at this , but I will read the rules it someone can tell me where they are at!!! AND AGAIN SORRY EVERYONE!!!

14. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Spamming means you'll get phony emails from every Tom, Dick and Harry as well as ads for every product going, mostly xxx. The edit button is on the top right of your post and the rules can be found here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/24249

15. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Addy removed. Be sure to take a peek at the forum rules Dallasvic ;)