1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus NAT Error

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by hiafex, Feb 9, 2007.

1. hiafex

hiafex Member

Hello all. I'm new to this board and I'm currently trying to download some torrents using Azureus. I've forwarded my port (54898) through my router (Netgear Wireless-N) and I've turned Windows firewall off. I'm running Azureus version 2.5.0.4. I'm currently trying to download a torrent that has 3 seeders and 5 peers, however, I am only connected to 1 peer and 0 seeds. I have a red dot next to Firewalled at the bottom of the Azureus window. Any help would be appreciated. (My OS is Windows Vista)

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

3. hiafex

hiafex Member

I'm a little confused as to which IP address I'm suppose to be using. Windows Vista makes it more difficult to find a static IP address.

4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Not sure about Vista myself. When you first forwarded your router to a port and ip address, it's that address that may have changed in your computer and will have to be made static, even in Vista, I think. Right now it's dynamic and your router may change it every time you restart. Where did you find your address? I don't see a complete guide yet but have a look here: http://www.trainsignaltraining.com/windows-vista-ip-addressing/2006-11-15/ The info you need was obtained in XP by opening Command Prompt (ip address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, DNS server(s) but I don't know if it still is in Vista: start>run, type in cmd or command, select ok and in the next box, type ipconfig/all, hit enter and the info you need showed. The only thing to watch for was if the DNS server(s) and Default Gateway had the same address in which case you would have to get them from your router. See if anything here looks familar: http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm If the ip address at ipconfig/all matches the one you entered in your router. a static address won't even be necessary right now.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  5. hiafex

hiafex Member

Well, it seems that I don't need a static IP Address since my router's IP and the IP that I obtained in the command prompt are the same... And my router is set to use UPnP. I'm still getting yellow faces beside my torrents though. Azureus is also still telling me that there is a Firewall/NAT (TCP) reachability problem.

6. mistycat

mistycat Active member

What ISP are you with? It could be that they're blocking torrents and someone may know or it could be some security feature of Vista; were things fine before Vista? You could also try connecting your router directly to your computer if you can. That's not many seeds and peers, it could just be a matter of not being connected to any peers, I receive a NAT error in utorrent when no peers are connected.

7. hiafex

hiafex Member

My ISP is SBC Yahoo and they're not on that list of P2P file blockers. I got Vista and my new router at about the same time so I'm not sure if it's Vista or the router. I used uTorrent on my old computer (Windows XP) and it worked fine... However, I didn't have a router then. My router is connected through a 2Wire DSL modem, could that be the problem? Vista can't seem to recognize the 2Wire but it can still connect to the internet through it. I can't change the properties for my 2Wire modem since Vista is unable to recognize it.

8. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Don't know but I'm leaning toward Vista.

9. hiafex

hiafex Member

Well, thanks for the help anyways! *kicks Vista* :D

10. hiafex

hiafex Member

I finally got a green face on Azureus and the NAT dot at the bottom of the window turned green. I had to turn UPnP off in Azureus. But now everytime I start Azureus, I can't do anything on the internet and the files still aren't downloading fast. (only one was downloading at about 2 kb/s) One of the torrents has 200 seeds but I can't seem to connect to any of them...

11. tikhipood

tikhipood Member

Hi. I'm also a beginner with torrents and the bit torrent clients. I've read through many of these threads on the NAT error and setup for Azureus. I've tried all the recommendations that have been suggested on this thread and other FAQs. I continue to get the NAT error: At times its the connection timed out error (Testing port 49520 ...
    NAT Error - Connection attempt to 66.57.34.80:49520 aborted: timed out after 20sec.) and other times, it indicates the port is no good. I've tried with numerous different port numbers. My ISP is TimeWarner and I've got a Netgear WGR614v6 router. I've tried with leaving the settings on both my router and Azureus to UPnP and then with setting up port forwarding as well. I've given my PC a static IP from the TCP/IP settings on Win XP. Any idea what I could be missing? Does anybody know if TimeWarner limits P2P applications? Its not on the banned list from what I've seen.

12. chrismc76

chrismc76 Member

Yeah, im having the exact same problem, i have tried everything with no success. I have Port forwarded, Opened ports, set up statin ip address and configured everything exactly as it is posted on the Azureus Help page, and im still getting the Nat Error. When i do the Nat Test, it fails from a time out after 20 seconds.. Somebody please tell me they have solved this problem.

13. kay_tarro

kay_tarro Member

I'm also having the exact same problem and also have done everything that I can find about encrypting, port forwarding and so on...
    I've got the red dot (firewalled) error and the NAT test is timing out... has anyone figured out what the problem is?
    thanks much!

14. hiafex

hiafex Member

I finally figured out what my problem was. My dsl modem that was connected to my router was running a firewall that was blocking my torrent programs. It was hard getting into my modem's interface after I installed my router but once I did get to the interface, I simply changed the firewall settings to allow all applications to be able to connect. The hardest part of this was connecting to my dsl modems interface.

15. Handsdown

Handsdown Member

Anyone figure this out? I am on a mac... How do I get into my modems settings? I have been using azurues and thought this was normal and now I am realizing its supposed to be dling a lot faster than 5.0 kb

16. Noix

Noix Member

I am also having the same problem (NAT Error - Connection attempt to ###.###.###.###: aborted: timed out after 20sec.) And I have had no problems (till now) with forwarding ports. I did not change anything in my router settings, nor did I change any settings in Azureus.

It would be great if someone could explain why am I getting this error, and how do I fix it. There are a few that would benefit from this.

Thanks in advanced.

17. Noix

Noix Member

Oh, and at the bottom when I hover over the "NAT" box at the bottom, it says "reachability ok (TCP)"

18. noo2this

noo2this Member

19. noo2this

noo2this Member

I'm having the same problem. Has anyone figured this out yet??

Thanks!

20. fireman86

fireman86 Member

hey guys, im having probs with being firewalled on azureus and limewire, everything was going great, my interenet was fast as just went from 56k dial up to 256 b/b was downloading at 25kbs with everything on defult settings, then ran a couple of optimising programs arm regcure, advances sys optimiser and xp repair pro, and then went back to azurus and it was firewalled played for a bit with no joy, disabled to fire wall, im using zone alarm security suit, arm that didnt work, tryed system resore, that didnt work either, changed the upnp setting on my router config to enable that worked but was downloading much slower and limewire was still firewalled, so restored that back to defult as it was working fine when i firt started, unistalled the optimising utills incase maybe they were causing the firewall, still no joy, im not as sharp as u guys with the port stuff i can follow instructions but general not to good at working it out myself, my router is a belkin #F5D7633au4a, thanx any help would be great cheers,