1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus on the mac osx

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by antzpantz, Apr 29, 2005.

1. antzpantz

antzpantz Member

Hi every one
    I have been trying to get Azureus working for months now and I feel like I am getting nowhere.
    I have a mac powerbook G4 running osx 10.3.7/Azureus 2.2.0.2.
    I am using a bt voyager 205 with 1 mb connection with bt yahoo.com and have opened the ports 6881-6889.
    The best speed I seem to get is about 10 kbs if iam lucky, and even the this dose not seem to last very long( this is on popular files with loads of seeds and peers).
    I did a speed test and the results were

2005-04-28 07:05:34 EST: 729 / 231
    download speed : 747308 bps, or 729 kbps.
    A 91.2 KB/sec transfer rate.
    upload speed : 237054 bps, or 231 kbps.
    Using this info I have configured my upl/dl speed by dividing by 8.

A few times the speed has shot up to about 60kbs but that has lasted only seconds.
    I have changed upload and download speeds many times tried different ports and been to about a million forums but nothing I do seems to work.
    My mac at work used to download at about 20-30 kbs which from what I hear isnt that fast but at least it was a consistant speed.
    I think maybe something is blocking me or Iam not getting credit for what I am uploading as when I look in the details section there are loads of fully established conection but nothing is being download.

I am sorry to go on but I have been at this for ages now and am about to chuck in the towl.

If any one can help or is in a similar situation please reply.

cheers

Antzpantz

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Hey antz, I use Windows XP and I don't have a lot of experience if Macs, but if you could take a look at this thread it might help you out greatly.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/180005

If it turns out your problem is solved, good for you. If it still persists, I'm afraid you'll have to wait for someone with more Mac experience than me. C=|

3. antzpantz

antzpantz Member

thanks I will give it a try

4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

there's a NAT checker in azureus. try it

5. antzpantz

antzpantz Member

Idont think I have a nat error as I always get green smileys