1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

azureus problems

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by toptinker, Apr 8, 2007.

1. toptinker

toptinker Member

just started using azureus, but slow downloading. allways used abc but that has gone slow as well. recently got a new router (netgear)and switched isp but is a higher speed rate (6.5meg)abc was allways very quick (must be the router ?) i am using mcafee firewall but it is allowing access any help please

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

is it sooooo dang hard to search first and post in a thread where the same question has already been asked? or to at least put this in a the P2P forum?

i'll report this so it gets moved to someplace where you get help.

while i'm here, i suggest trying uTorrent.

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

thread teleported out of totally irrelevant forum

4. janrocks

janrocks Guest

D'ya know what gets me with all these threads about azureus?

The failure to click on the "help" tab on the toolbar.

Nat error.. double click the red or clear notifier.. both link directly to the Azureus wiki with just about every single question you could ever need an answer for already dealt with, in clear and simple language.

If it ain't made by M$ then chances are the help or troubleshooter will work and explain everything.

So your downloads are slow?? Upload saturating your connection? Peers leeching without uploading? Yield managed torrent tracker? Semi blocked port by isp? isp limiting upload due to detecting suspicious packet traffic? Firewall verifying every single packet and causing throughput slowdown? Not enough connections specified? Too many or too few files open for read/write?.. need any more options?
    These all relate to speed/performance...

5. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Regular member

janrocks
    try being on Sat net where you are nated so hard you need to by a static IP to get half the things to work right then on top of that they count every MB you use.
    why am I paying 130 for this crap again.......ah yes...dailup sucks.

6. toptinker

toptinker Member

sorry about putting in the wrong section.downloaded a album pretty quickly and the green face is allways there, is it just badluck with download speeds ?

7. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Regular member

speeds vary from torrent to torrent only thos with allot of seeders and peers(100+ each) will get you allot of speed and even then other reasons can hamper it like network and ant and such.

8. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

My max is 30KB/s with a 1.5Mb line with 100+ seeders and peers. So I've been there. Nat problems for me :(

9. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Regular member

I hate nats I had to buy a static IP I cna get full speed of 30-100Kbs but with a 400MB fap that takes 5 hours to refill so I can use non dailup (5kbs) speed is E V I L...