1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus question

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by rob0, Oct 6, 2007.

1. rob0

rob0 Member

Hi, i am a complete n00b at all of this. I have a PPC G4 running OS X 10.3.9 and I just tried to install the latest Azureues version and I get this:
    Azureus 3.0.3.4
    [0510 22:41:40] Alert:3:Error Initialize MainWindow
    [0510 22:42:44] Alert:3:Version 1.8.5 of plugin 'azemp' failed to install - /Volumes/Azureus/Azureus.app/Contents/plugins/azemp/azemp_1.8.5.zip (Read-only file system)

The alerts also mentioned something called a NoClassDefFoundError?

what does this mean (besides that the thing does not work on my machine)?

2. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

3. paulmag

paulmag Member

Hi,
    I just got the same problem as described above... (On mac X.4.6). It has been working fine for weeks and started to go wrong just after a automatic upgrade. I tried to trash it and download a new version but the problem remains. Thanx for any help.

4. spanny69

spanny69 Guest

i am having exactly the same problem, which is really annoying because azureus was perfect until the AUTOMATIC update... so i tried loading an old version ( 2. something ) which sort of worked but was very SLOOOOOOOOW and some of my half finished torrents wouldn't restart .... and then overnight autoupdated agasin so i'm back to the same old problem! PLEASE help so i can watch the end of heroes season 1!

5. paulmag

paulmag Member

It seems to have something to do with the OS we use ( I'm using mac OS X 10.4.6) incompatible with the new azureus upgrade... I installed azureus again on another laptop, using OS X 10.4.9 and it works.
    Can anyone tell me where I can find an old version of azureus to reinstall it on my 1st computer? Or is there any other similar programs that could replace it?

6. spanny69

spanny69 Guest

7. mjfouline

mjfouline Guest

how bout not use torrents theres low and they suck.

use a newgroup.

8. spanny69

spanny69 Guest

please tell me more.... i'm always up for finding a faster way to download! but i've never heard of a newgroup...

9. paulmag

paulmag Member

Hi again,
    Thanx for your help, Spanny69. It works!