1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus smiley always yellow?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Keechy, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Keechy

Keechy Member

Hey when ever i download on azureus the smiley is always yellow. I dont run xp firewall but i run zone alarm security suite 5. I've opened the ports in zone alarm by going to the program list clickin options on azureus then expert rules and i set the program to accept incoming connections from the net and to accept out going connections.But my smileys dont change colour and another thing in azureus when i test the ports it says unable to test and no i didn't have a torrent runnin at the time of testing the port in azureus.Thanx for any help.

2. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

I don't use bt's but know a few ppl that have had trouble with azereus ....you do not have a router do you?? if so you need to forward the ports

also might want to try a different client theres a few only one I can think of is abc .....am told its very simple to use

3. Adavis

Adavis Member

I use zonealarm version 4.5 because of the problems reported with version 5. However my version causes problems too - i'm currently trying to fix that(though i have in the past i can't remember how - doh!).

Bear in mind that Zonealarm with stealth your ports which I think causes a problem when trying to connect to the tracker using any BT client. Even if you uninstall zonealarm most of the ports will remain stealthed...its a pain but if I find a solution i'll post it. :)

Other clients:

Shadows Bittorrent
    Bittornado
    bit conjurer

first 1 is pretty good but i wouldn't rate your chances with torrent sites and trackers atm - seems to be alot of closures going on.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2004