1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus starting my torrent download over??????????

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by icehand, Feb 3, 2008.

1. icehand

icehand Member

Ok, so it's done this before but I thought nothing of it. Now I'm pissed. Something happen to the power in my house and everything went off. So my computer restarts it's self. When it comes back on, the first thing I do is start up Azureus so that my downloads could continue finishing. Well, Azureus decides to start my downloads back to the begining pretty much. Example, I had 16 gigs of one tv show done and 17 gigs of another done. Then when I came back, it start at like a gig on one and 585 mb. Another thing that's bothering me, is it looks like it is trying to create another folder within the other folders that are already done(which means I have all the space completed and then it's just add more which means I'm losing more space). Please tell me someone knows how I can reset my downloads back to the way they were. Thanks guys.

2. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

Usually you would just stop the torrent and right-click and choose Force Re-Check and that would get the torrent back to where it was.

However, since you indicated that Azureus is forming a folder within your previous download folder, there is a chance that the download path has been changed somehow.

The easiest way to check if this is so is to add a column to your display.
    Right-click in an empty area of your download section of the My Torrents screen and choose Column Setup.
    On the Column Setup screen tick the box Save Path and press Apply and OK.

If the save path column for a torrent shows your default Azureus download folder (usually My Documents/Azureus Downloads), then you can just do the procedure in the first paragraph.

If the save path includes the folder within the download folder (My Documents/Azureus Downloads/Other folder name) then you would have to change the save path back to its original path (the Azureus Downloads default folder).
    See How Do You Resume for the procedure on this.

I hope that all made sense.
    Let me know if you have Qs.

3. icehand

icehand Member

I'm going to give it a shot, I'll report back as soon as possible.

4. icehand

icehand Member

I think it might have worked, but I'm not sure. I did the force recheck and that was it. It got the percentage completed right, but it still says the downloaded amount is the same. But it's adding on to the percentage completed, so I'm not sure yet.