1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

azureus still slow

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by madmiles, May 1, 2005.

1. madmiles

madmiles Regular member

ok, so i opened up port 53000. i don't have a router, but i think my isp was blocking it because when i tested it on azureus i got nat error. so i went into 192.168.1.1 and opened it up. now i get ok. i also added azureus and java to the exceptions list on the windows firewall. so now i get a green smiley instead of the previous yellow, and speeds have increased a little bit. but i'm still only downloading at about 10 kb/s. i have dsl, and should be downloading at at least like 30kb/s. is there anything else i can do?

edit: also, what's the difference between checked and unchecked items in the windows firewall exceptions list?

Last edited: May 1, 2005
  2. dude845

dude845 Regular member

completly shut it down the firlewall

3. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

You could just have a slow torrent.

P.S. If you have only Windows Firewall as your firewall, then it shouldn't cause any problems, i get up to 200 kb/s with Widnows Firewall. I would not suggest shutting it down. Tat leaves you open to worms.

Last edited: May 1, 2005
  4. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

Yeah don't shut down your firewall. Bad idea. Your torrent is probably slow because people downloaded it, then when they were finished, don't upload it.

So when you get done spend some time uploading it to other people who want it. Then they won't have to deal with speeds as slow as you got.

5. Cosmo1111

Cosmo1111 Regular member

Should a firewall increase or decrease your connection speed?