1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus upload/download less than 2kbps - ports open

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Triskaida, May 29, 2007.

1. Triskaida

Triskaida Member

Hi, I am having real problems with Azureus. First of all, I have an 8mbit/448kbit connection, uPnP is disabled and my ports are randomly selected, and manually forwarded. I have the green smiley so everything should be OK. Upload is capped at 40KBps.

The torrent I am trying to download has "56 (1220)" seeds and "65 (2260)" peers. Tracker status is "OK", availability is 56.996. However, my download speed is between 0bps and 2kbps (currently 736bps), and my upload is between 0bps and 1kbps (currently 0bps).

Max connections per torrent is 60. There must be a setting somewhere which is causing this.
    For example in "IP filters" it says 2,685,405,409 IPs blocked in total, which is 62.5% of the internet - that doesn't sound good.

The torrent has been running for over 12 hours and has not improved.

Any ideas what's going on?
    Many thanks

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  2. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

Is this only happening to this one torrent? Or to a multiple of torrents? Because I think it is just a bad torrent.

According to you, the seeders are 1220 and leeches are 2260, as you can see, the leechers so obviously outnumber the seeders, and I doubt that many of those seeders have upload speeds of over 100k/B, and leechers are probably crusing on most of their bandwidth trying to get the file, and thus taking up all of the seeders bandwidth, not giving you a chance, but there is something wrong as you said. Usually you should be able to leech of leechers aswell as seeders, giving you a nice speed. But that does not seem to be the case.

I think it is a bad torrent.
    Just to make sure that the torrent is bad, and not your client configuration, do this simple check ;-)

Go here and download one of Open Offices torrents, and let it run for about 40 minutes, and then check what kind of speeds you are getting. I am hopeing that you get good speeds, and if you do, then I guess the torrent you were downloading before has too many leechers not sharing and the seeders are just barely copeing, or some other explanation.

EDIT: According to uTorrents' website, it is recommended not to use ports in the range 6881-6889. I know your using Azureus, but I think the ports apply to all.

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  3. pj94z

pj94z Member

what ports are you using? shouldn't use what's listed above.

have you tried checking speeds on atleast 3-4 other high traffic torrents?

do you have a firewall? windows/norton/etc? Have you allowed the app and ports through your firewall?

finally, have you tried using UPnP if your hardware supports it?

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  4. Triskaida

Triskaida Member

Hi, I know this thread is 6 months old - I just wanted to say sorry for not replying - I couldn't sign up to AD using my preferred email account for some reason, so I set up a new one just so I could post. I haven't checked it again until now, so the reply-notifications went completely unnoticed! Anyway thanks for the suggestions - I can't even remember the problem, but there isn't one now so maybe it was a bad torrent or whatever.
    Thanks