1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus: What if im getting a blue smiley?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Thisman, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Thisman

Thisman Member

Im getting a blue smiley.

Ive yet to find a good port due to NAT problems, and i understand there are guides, but i see people most having or dealing with yellow smileys. I jst need to know whats going on and how to be downloading at these speeds i here bout.

thanks.

2. Thisman

Thisman Member

PLEASE

ive been everywhere for help, i have used the Azureus guide, 2 guides here, and a couple other ones i found. Nothing has helped an i only download at < 1 or 12 max.

Right now i think i have a static ip address and thts all i know i think... would 192.168.1.136 be considered one? Maybe i need to start from scratch again.

PLEASE PLEASE im in desperate need...

3. mistycat

mistycat Active member

I don't know a lot about Azureus but let's find out if your ip address is static or dynamic. Go to Start>Control Panel>Network Connection and open. In there will be several items, one of which is your connection to the internet. Right click on Local Area Connection, select Properties and then Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and Properties again. Now, you will either see "obtain ip address automatically" checked in which case your ip address is dynamic or "use this address" checked and some info in which case your ip address is static. Check each item in Network Connction to be sure. Enable encryption: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/395674 and use a port between 50,000 - 70,000 that isn't the default. Also, who is your ISP and what connection speed have you, do you have a router and how is it connected and is it forwarded?

4. Thisman

Thisman Member

you said to right click on Local Area Connection, but i dont use that. Im using a belkin wireless g card. From tht its connected to the router. You also said to see which one dot is selected, and it where it will tell you if its static or not. Its selected on the second dot where i "use this ip" i set it there trying to set up a static ip. But how do i know if its up? or if its even static?

As for my ISP, i use bellsouth fast access dsl, i believe the speed is 128kbps, i have a router, but i dont know if its forwarded or HOW to forward seeing how theres 49035934858967 different guides tht are trying to tell me how.

Thanks.

EDIT- on this page http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Belkin/F5D7230-4/Azureus.htm

it says to set up a static ip, so i do, but if you scroll down to where it says to type in the last three numbers to th IP, it has a 2 before tht. I always end up getting a 1 before the numbers i type in.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  5. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Here are step by step instructions for setting a static ip address and what info you need and then we'll forward that through your router. Pay attention to the DNS (Name Servers), you may have to obtain them via your router's status page, I did: http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm

6. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Two things you need to do :
    1) go to http://www.portforward.com/ and check if your router and wireless are setup right and port forwarded correctly
    2)Enable encryption in your client, *don't know how to do that? click HERE* and read the Azureus Wiki/FAQ, found HERE

7. Thisman

Thisman Member

mistycat- i have done this, but the static ip address it gives me has a 1 before the last three numbers, when i go to my router model number and select azureus, it asks for a static ip address, but theirs ends with a 2 before the last three numbers.

The_Fiend- my azureus settings are set to begginner and it wont let me access tht encryption thing.

8. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Then the obvious solution is to change them to advanced...

9. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Not sure I understand but your ip address at ipconfig/all is the one you use. It should be something like xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. After you select Azureus, skip down to where it tells you how to access your router and follow the instructions for fowarding but not familar with a wireless card. BTW, there must be some way to enable encryption, upgrade from beginner or something, never heard of that.

10. Thisman

Thisman Member

http://www.portforward.com/english/route...0-4/Azureus.htm

ok on this page it says to set up a static ip, so i do, but if you scroll down to where it says to type in the last three numbers to the IP, it has a 2 before tht (e.g i have one tht says 999.999.1.999 when it is asking for 999.999.2.999 see the 2?). I always end up getting a 1 before the numbers i have to type in that it asks for.

Oh and also i changed to advance and checked "require encrypted transport"

what do i do next and what's it for?

EDIT- The dot in azureus for ratio is red and it also says on another dot "DHT Firewalled" what do i do about this?

Thanks

11. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Turn off DHT. check the Azureus wiki/FAQ if you don't know how to.
    If ratio is red, you need to share more.
    It's just a warning that you're downloading more than you're uploadding, but if you leave azureus running, that usually corrects itself by seeding back gradually.

12. Thisman

Thisman Member

13. mistycat

mistycat Active member

When you follow the instructions for setting a static address, you can obtain 5 addresses using the address you see in ipconfig/all. If one has a 2, use that as your static address or, at this stage, change the 1 to a 2 and make that static. you can always change it back. In that link, at "do not skip this step" skip it (I have never used it) and continue on with the instructions for accessing your router and port forwarding. Incidentally, I'm not sure you enabled encryption totally, see here in case: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/395674 I feel a bit stupid about the Belkin Wireless card, oh well.

14. mistycat

mistycat Active member

From The Fiend a few months back on DHT:"In options, under connection, look at peer sources,and uncheck everything except "from a tracker", that should do it". Also, while you're at it, disable UPnP unless you know your router supports it: http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/NAT_problem Number 4

15. Thisman

Thisman Member

ok ill change the one to a two mistycat.

But i have another big problem, it wont let me into my site when i type in my ip address in the bar. It says

"Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.146.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
    that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

I then tried IE but nothing happens but an error on MSN search when i type the IP in the bar.

16. Thisman

Thisman Member

17. Thisman

Thisman Member

18. mistycat

mistycat Active member

I believe you have to use IE. I would try again and, if that didn't work, wait a bit (5-10 minutes) and try again. A factory reset of your router should do it if that doesn't work. There should be a small hole in the back of your router, hold it in for 10 seconds (I use a paperclip). Before that, though, connect your router directly to your pc if it's not and if you can and try that.

19. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Routers almost always use 192.168.1.1
    Try that.

20. mistycat

mistycat Active member

And, I don't know if that's a typo but you don't type in ypur ip address, it's your routers or default gateway in ipconfig/all. They should be the same. According to that site, it's 192.168.2.1