1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Azureus Yellow Smiley

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by jccool, Jan 25, 2007.

1. jccool

jccool Member

I'm new to torrent downloads. And I managed to download 1 file till 96.6%, then it turns to yellow smiley but there is no download speed and the peers show 1(2). However there is upload speed avg 3kBs.
    From health status, the yellow means no connection to peer, but in this case there is a peer, why its not downloading then?

Please help... :(

2. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

yellow means NAT problem. meaning ur router is blocking some of the data, making ur downloads slow. google "fowarding ports". or u could just wait and wait. eventually u should receive some data.

3. jccool

jccool Member

Thanks for the advice, chanman1.

I have been reading on this forum, and many ppl mentioned and adviced abt the port forwarding on for many other routers. But I am using a dsl link with a modem/router called Speedstream 4200. And in the router management interface, i cant find the section for specifying the port forwarding. So, have not been success in it.

Can you advice, what i should be doin?

but the way, my Azureus returns a Tracker status with "OK (dht:)", do you know what it means?

4. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

go to www.portfoward.com and find ur router, it has an extensive list on different routers and different programs for that router

as for the dht thingy, i'm not too sure, i think it means that the client cant connect to the tracker, but it found the torrent via dht. dht is something that allows ur tracker to connect to peers even if there is no tracker or if the tracker is down. so basically u are not connected to the tracker, but u are still downloading because u connected to dht instead. it shouldn't affect u, i get it even after i forward my ports sometimes. don't worry about it

5. jccool

jccool Member

i went to donwload software from portforward site, but the software does not have my modem/router in their list.

My router is SpeedStream 4200, where else can I goto to configure my router?

6. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

the general steps should be the same.

go to start, run, type in cmd. at the dos screen type ipconfig/all

find the default gateway and write down the ip address
    find ur ip address, should be similar to the default gateway write it down.

open up a browser, type in the default gateway. it should ask for a admin and password. if u have not changed, it should be something like admin, password; or administrator, password; or admin, pass, etc try different combos or look at the manual

there should be a portforward option. enter the port u want to use and it has to be the same one in azereus that u use, to change the port azereus uses go to tools, options, it should be in there somewhere.

the ip address u use in the port forward is ur ip address

there. a quick guide, just post any other questison

7. jccool

jccool Member

thanks for such quick reply.

i tried the steps until the step "open up a browser, type in the default gateway". My brower return an error that "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". My default gateway is 211.31.137.132, so I type in this "http://211.31.137.132/", but the error was returned. It does not prompt for the admin and password as you said?

Did I type in wrongly?

8. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

uh are u sure u typed the default gateway? that looks more like a subnet mask. the default gateway should be something like 192.168.0.1

9. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Excuse my butting in but it seems some ISP's added custom firmware to these units that changed the stock configutation including the address. See if this helps; it's for Limewire but skip that and start below enter static address: http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Siemens/4200/Limewire.htm I'm not sure this will even work and if not, try 192.168.1.1, 10.0.0.38 or 10.1.1.1, a password of admin and a username left blank.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  10. viper6969

viper6969 Member

when you are haveing a smilely face does this mean you download will stop or it will damage you torrent at the end of the download