1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[b]Goodbye Microsoft Security Essentials: Microsoft Now Recommends You Use a Third-Party Antivirus[/b]

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by 2oldGeek, Oct 4, 2013.

1. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Goodbye Microsoft Security Essentials: Microsoft Now Recommends You Use a Third-Party Antivirus

[​IMG]

For a long time I have said MSE was "no bueno" and recommended Avast! Now my Geek Compadres and even Microsoft agree with me.. Ho Ho

Check it out -> here.

2oG

2. Mez

Mez Active member

That is saying something! M$ often reminds me of the story about the emperor's cloths. For them to suggest a non M$ product is monumental.

3. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Oh Mez, I consider M$ the best and most used OS but, they are not a malware/virus Co. and don't know the first thing about it. I am happy to see them fess up and let it be known. Both the emperor and M$ had their Butt exposed for some time. LOL

As I think you know, I test security software and for a long time have never recommended MSE like some of the Hot Shot reviewers on the web (they get $ for every download they bring in).

But then, life's a bitch, and then we die.........

2oG

4. aldan

aldan Active member

sticking to avast.still freaks me out when it talks to me on boot up when my speakers are turned up.lol

5. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

You can turn her off!!!! LOL